Wednesday, July 25, 2007

HOT IS GOOD...

...if you are a lizard or a snake or one of those cold blooded animals who need the sun in order to scamper around in order to search for food.

Me? I like cold. Nope. I love cold. I mean, I LOVE COLD!

A native born Canadian, I sometimes wonder how I chose to live in a country that is hot and hotter for at least eight months of the year. Vey!

The truth is the country chose me. I just landed at the airport and it sorta grabbed me...took my breath away. You know...like meeting a person for the first time and something in your brain tells you that you have simply got to know this person better. That was it.

But this is ridiculous. Ninety degree weather or thirty-four depending on which system you are using has everyone frazzled. You don't function well in that heat. You drink a lot and get bloated and never use the bathroom as you are sweating it out instead...don't ask.

You are crabby and tend to eat chocolate...which melts in the store and in your hand which doesn't help the crabby part.

So, as I have to brave the elements and get myself into the city this afternoon to see my Cousin Sheldon, the best dentist in the world and pull a tooth that had the chutzpah of breaking off I think I'll take a hat and a bottle of water and try to remember where I left my smile.

Oh, I remember. It's next to my boots waiting for the first rain in October...November...Decem...

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

4 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here was the first part of MY blog entry this morning:

What Sane Person Would Want To?
Jul 25th, 2007 by John Little

The fourth thing that I do every morning is turn on my computer and go through my tabbed list of start pages on Internet Explorer. First, it’s the Jerusalem Post, and they’re good for at least one article idea - at least one.

Then, I go to Marallyn’s blog, Shalom from Jerusalem. She has a ‘view from the street’ kinda blog - more human, more positive, more… Israel. It’s required reading by yours truly every morning.

Then, I go… but, I didn’t. I didn’t go on to the next tab in my start list because Marallyn had said...

A great blog entry!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger torontopearl said...

"I think I'll take a hat and a bottle of water and try to remember where I left my smile.

Oh, I remember. It's next to my boots waiting for the first rain in October...November...Decem..."

It is lines like these that prove you are a good, warm-hearted writer.

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just landed at the airport and it sorta grabbed me...took my breath away.

Sure it wasn't the heat and humidity of Lod sucking every drop of moisture from your body as you went from plane to shuttle?

Cousin Sheldon the dentist? His last name wouldn't happen to begin with A, would it?

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

bless you john...for lots of things...

shalom pearl...how lovely of you to say that..just lovely...thanks

boker tov kmelion...yes it does...start with an a...you know my cousin sheldon the dentist???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home