Tuesday, July 31, 2007

TILL 120

Bubbie Channah turned 84 this week. Tfu, tfu, tfu! How wonderful! But then, Bubbie Channah IS wonderful.

So today a couple of my friends and I are taking her out for lunch. We debated on many great places to go and have decided on a place not far from her apartment that serves a great business lunch. Bubbie Channah loves spagetti...and MacDonalds. Yes, in her old age my mother is a junk-food junkie.

Who would have known that the same woman who hollered at me when, as a child I asked her to make stew, like my friend's mother. Stew? (Like we were Romanoff's or Rockerfeller's or something.)

To this day I love one pot meals. Stew is gorgeous in my books. But, shhhhhhhhh don't tell Bubbie Channah.

Yes, that same woman takes herself down the flight of stairs that brings her from her apartment to King George Street and then down Ben Yehudah Street and over to MacDonalds.

I don't want to say she goes there often, but by the time she gets to the counter her meal is waiting for her complete with knife and fork and little packages of mustard. They know and love Bubbie Channah in MacDonalds.

No, we are not going there for lunch. Maybe I should drop in to MacDonalds and tell them she has a luncheon engagement, so they don't worry. Bubbie has friends all over the city.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA!!!

The nice part is that all day her phone rang with best wishes from family and friends, old and young, and younger still from Israel, Canada and the USA. Nice. Nice that everyone remembers a person when she is 84, tfu tfu tfu. Till 120 ma! You promised!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

7 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Susan said...

She is blessed to have you for a daughter I am sure.
Susan

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Val said...

Happy birthday to your Ma! :)

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Your mother should live long and be well... Enjoy one another for many years to come.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

happy birthday to a woman who sounds very wonderful!

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Geologychick said...

Yippeee! Happy Birthday from California!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thank you everyone...from bubbie channah too

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Batya said...

Mazal tov! XX

ps, yes, I'm back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home