Friday, August 17, 2007

DON'T ASK

I am so sorry to have disappeared on you all. The truth is that the days have simply flown by in a haze.

Have you ever noticed that the day after your dentist has left for two weeks to go visit his children in America, your teeth begin to mutiny? YOU TOO?

I would laugh but it hurts too much. See, it all started with an ear ache. I don't get ear aches, I thought. But there it was. So, I went to my wonderful family doctor. No, not the ear but the teeth.

Now why am I not surprised? My teeth and I have been waging war since I was five. And when I was five, the dentist didn't have those wonderful speed drills that make no noise and go fast and shoot water while they drill.

Oh, no! In my day they were more like those things that muscular men use to make holes in the streets...you know, those guys that Ayn Rand fell for. Sigh.

To make a long story short, I am now on antibiotics and pain killers. And thank you God, they are working. Still can't eat hot or cold or chew.

So what does that leave? You guessed it...a dieter's delight....spagetti...soft sandwiches with anything inside...cream of wheat...mashed potatoes.

After almost a month of dental work and now close to two weeks without a dentist I am beginning to look like a meatball...I remember meatballs...sigh.

But the good news is that my wonderful dentist will be home on Monday. The medication is working. I am getting sick (I never thought I would say this) of carbos...and the weekend is here. YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Sunday and Monday I get to be Bubbie the Babysitter while my kids go away for a couple of days. I'll be staying at their house and they don't have internet connection. So don't worry. I will be taking my laptop and while the kids are in nursery school, I hope to sit and write. How lovely.

Thanks for writing and caring. I thought of stopping this blog and then you all wrote to tell me that you missed the blog. What a great thing!!!

Shabbat shalom. I'm back...almost toothless in Jerusalem. Not a pretty sight. But I'm still as cute as ever!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

3 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Val said...

YAY... i check every day and you hadn't posted and then today - a post! YAY!
Sorry for the pain you're in, but glad you're surviving!
Stay cute and safe and write when you can!
Shabbat Shalom!

 
At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were thinking about closing your blog? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!! You are such a delight. We would all miss you terribly! Next time you start having those thoughts, before you do anything, put it to a vote. (No, your family doesn't get to vote).

Thanks for the px. They were great!
Those are some beautiful kiddos. The college grad and his mom aren't bad either.

Shabbat Shalom
Chavaleh

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger CaraqueƱa said...

Oh pleeez...don't quit! You're such an awesome writer, and I love knowing what is going on in Israel...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home