Sunday, August 05, 2007

READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?

Dontcha just love reading? Books. I love them. Always have. Always will. Bubbie Channah taught me about them when I was very young. To this day we swap books. Isn't that wonderful?

I don't know about you, but I can't seem to get excited about reading online. I need the feel and smell and sound of pages turning.

I need to have a library of books waiting to be read. (I also need tapestries and wool waiting for a moment of inspiration.)

I read all kinds of books: adventure, fantasy/fiction,whodunits,Harry Potter,biographies,fiction. And I read big, fat, heavy books that take more than two days to read. You know. The kind that makes you feel like a member of the family as you work your way through the story.

My writing group laughs when I remind them that I could never write short stories. I need twenty pages just to say 'HI'.

Well, get this! My good friend John left our writing group nearly a year ago to go take care of family business in America. And three months ago he Skyped me (isn't this a wonderful world we live in?) and told me that he bought me some books and sent them off.

He paid a lottttttttt of money on postage and for the past couple of months we have been waiting for the books to arrive. Yahoooooooooo, they showed up Friday. Thirty-eight books! Lucky me!!!!!!!

Thank you John, soooooooooooo much. I can't wait to settle down and start reading. Isn't it fun when your friends gift you with a book? But 38?!? Yahoooooo. Some are titles I have heard of and others are brand new. What an adventure. Lucky, lucky me!

So, tell me. Read any good books lately?

Shavuah tov.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

7 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

I don't read a lot of fiction really.
At one time I really enjoyed Agatha Christie though. I reread a few of her mysteries because they seemed fresh each time.
Have you tried any of the Hercule Pierot or Miss Marple mysteries by her? They are fun to try and figure out as you go along.

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thirty-eight? You wouldn't see me again for weeks! Congrats young lady. I can see you smiling from here. :)

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Geologychick said...

I am reading a really good book right now. It's probably not something you would be interested in, but here goes... It's called, "Tour de Life" by Saul Raisin. There is a link on my blog, if you want to check it out. It's a very inspiring book!

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger TO BECOME said...

I am not much into fiction. I like to read medical books, encyclopedias, dictionaries, cookbooks things like these. I don't know why but I just prefer non-fiction. I have learned so much through books. You have good friends. connie from Texas

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

I will read anything... even the cereal box!
I love antebellum historical novels especially Eugenia Price's books.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Batya said...

Books! what fun!!

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my Dear Friend,
Wish you could come to my house. I've got a library FULL of books, just waiting to be read. I love my books! Had to sort through them recently and give some away. It almost killed me to see them go. But, there comes a time when it's just necessary.
What a thoughtful friend, John, to send you all those books! Now that's a great friend!! Take care and stay safe. Write me sometime.
Love ya,
Chavaleh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home