Thursday, October 11, 2007

IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF THE KIDS

I love cable tv. 742,00 channels and mayber here and there you can find something great to watch. One of the programs we got last year was something called Prison Break.

I saw the promos and decided it was too scary.

Then last week my Joe College came home with two friends and invited me to watch season one. They got ahold of the whole thing on DVD and made popcorn and settled down to watch.

I said , "Thanks, but no thanks. You kids have fun."

By two in the morning they broke up for the evening. Two days later they were back again.

"You didn't finish?" I asked.
"Nope," they said.

This time I went out and bought munchies. I mean, what's a mother for? Pretzles...cookies...candies...chips.

While they were huddled in the dark watching the DVD, I decided to check it out on my tv. It didn't matter what was going on, I was only going to watch one episode to see what all the fuss was about.

That was it! Big Mistake! I brought in a chair and grabbed the pretzles. We started watching at three in the afternoon. By midnight we were half way through season two.

I'm hooked!

Luckily, my cables are now showing an episode a night and I am back to where I left off with the kids.

Prison Break. Go watch. But if you do, be prepared to forget about cooking...cleaning...phoning your kids to say hello...just you and Michael and the gang...vey!!!

I am having a wonderful time sleeping over at Bubbie Channah's place one night a week. I think I am having more fun than she is. I take my laptop and my knitting and we each grab a couch and relax. If this goes on I may have to have her place internet connected :) .

Good thing Bubbie Channah has the same cable server that I do. She, however is stuck on the Sopranos.

Wonder what it says about us that we are both watching guys with guns? I remember when we used to watch Gilligan's Island. Ah, as the song goes...The times, they are a'changing.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

1 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger Val said...

I, too, got hooked on Prison Break, but then season 2 got too ridiculous... but I loved Michael! A real cutie and smart! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home