Friday, October 19, 2007

BARKIS IS WILLING

Sorry I disappeared this week. Between spending two nights at Bubbie Channah's...oy is that good...are we having fun. We're knitting and reading and I'm trying to get her hooked on Prison Break and she got me re-hooked on The Sopranos...and out to lunch...and teaching one of my students a block away from her place...and she has no internet connection...well that is one reason.

Reason number two is that I am still taking care of my teeth...and soon will be chomping away once again. Problems with your teeth are no good for the diet...cuz you eat mushy comfort food stuff. As soon as the new ones are happily installed I will go back to my diets and steak...Yahoooooo.

Reason number three is that I am forging ahead with my new novel...working title Morgan while thinking of the major rewrites on Emma. See, I have my writing class very two weeks and have to have something to hand in...thus 'forging ahead with my new novel'...you get it. And at the same time I am pondering the adjustments that need to be made on Emma. For the next couple of months she and I are going to reunite and the truth is that I've missed her. Here in my old age I've got invisible playmates.

This writing business is hard stuff. Thinking, thinking, planning, plotting, is exhausting work. But oh so wonderful.

Next I have the astrology column to write every week. Yahooooo I do so love that.

And I guess finally there is life...you know...family, kids, babies, work, cooking, cleaning, lions and tigers and bears...oh my!

So, even though 'Barkis is willing', the rest of me simply is trying to juggle what I want to do with what I have to do.

Please don't give up on me...once I've figured out how to do all this, I'll let you know. In the meantime I'll try to get here a lot more. I miss you too.

Shabbat shalom.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Batya said...

I've been busy, too, m'dear.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Val said...

No need for apologies... we love that you're busy and doing things that you love.

Be happy, kiddo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home