Friday, April 11, 2008

AS I WAS SAYING...

For those of you who know me, you know I love to talk. But, I don't really say much. For all my blabbing and chatting and shmoozing, I am really a rather private person.

So I did a lot of thinking before I opened my laptop and clicked on to blogger. And the bottom line is that this time I can't just shmooze. I have a story to tell. A terrible awful horrible story.

Last week my daughter-in-law was told that her seven month old fetus had no heart beat!!! Monday all the tests were perfect and by Thursday the virus that was making her so sick attacked the baby and killed it!

It has been a terrible week. I moved into the hospital with her for five days and while my husband and two kids helped my oldest son cope and take care of their two babies.

The family gathered. Friends gathered. The hospital staff was amazing and gentle and kind. But the bottom line was still the same.

I know all the right things to say. I know that it is God's will. I know that this is extremely sad and not a tradegy. You don't need me to fill in the blanks.

The whole hospital was talking about the poor girl and her mother-in-law. Now as a person who believes in God and the mysteries of the world, I know that it is not by chance that my son married this woman and that we are so close. Her mother passed away suddenly two years ago and the bond between us grew even closer.

I don't know why this happened. I don't know how to pick up and be normal. But I will and she will and my son will and we all will. There is some kind of a dangerous virus going around and we were the third that day in the hospital.

Sad. So sad. So very very sad. But we have us and we have you and we will be all right. Soon. Not today, but soon.

Shabbat shalom.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

8 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Juggling Frogs said...

I'm so sorry. May she (and you, and your son, and the whole family) have a complete and speedy recovery, in every sense.

I'm glad you have one another.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Juggling Frogs said...

I'm so sorry. May she (and you, and your son, and the whole family) have a complete and speedy recovery, in every sense.

I'm glad you have one another.

May you all be spared further sorrow, and have good news to share in the future.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my dear precious friend, I am so, so sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you, your daughter-in-law and son especially, but for your entire family as well. This is a paticularly hard pill to swallow, and there are no words that make the pain easier to bear. Faith in Adonai, time to heal and your love for one another will get you through. I have no answers to explain "why" but I can assure you, that little one is in heaven, being loved by our Creator, and awaits you all there. May G-d wrap you all in His loving arms and wipe away your tears and sorrow. He is ever so near to the broken-hearted and He saves all of your tears in a bottle. He does not forget you in times of sorrow, but bends down his ear to listen and is filled with compassion. He is concerned with the things that concern you. May G-d be with you and comfort you.

Love & Prayers,
Chavaleh

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger torontopearl said...

I'm so sorry for your family's untimely and difficult loss. Your daughter-in-law is no doubt very lucky to have you in her life, just as you are to have her. May you give and gain strength from one another, and may Hashem bless and comfort you all.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

I am sorry to hear of this.There is nothing harder than losing a child of any age.
My prayers and heart are with you with much love and sympathy.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

dear everyone...thank you so much for your emails and phone calls...we are doing better...
juggling frogs i tried to access your blog and couldn't...thanks for dropping in and for caring...
chavaleh...as always you are there bless you
pearl i love having you in my life
lemon lime you are so special...thanks for dropping in
jungle how are you? thanks for writing my friend.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Batya said...

Refuah shleimah!
G-d willing lots of healthy, live babies in the future.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Val said...

How very sad. My thoughts are with you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home