Saturday, November 24, 2007

SO LET ME EXPLAIN

I know I promised to write at least once a week and on Fridays. And I was really planning on doing just that. I have so much to tell you. And I'm sorry that I'm late, but I can explain.

See...I am hooked on The Young and The Restless. Don't ask. I know, I know, but what can I do? And I would have been all right if they would have kept the show at it's old time of 7:30...but NOOOOO...it runs at 5:30 every evening. And now twice a week, thank goodness, I have students at that time.

So big deal you say. And usually I would have agreed with you. BUT...this week Colin found her boyfriend kissing Anita, Britny's MOM! And John is hot on the trail trying to find out who is really Jill's birth mother. And what is Catherine hiding? And Michael spilled the beans and now Christine is off looking for Paul and everything is a mess.

I know that in the course of real life these things may sound trivial to all of you...but hey this is important stuff. I mean how does all of that compare with my own little life?

Our government sorta makes Al Capone look like a good guy. Everyone is reluctantly off to Annapolis where Bush has demanded a command performance. The teachers are still on strike. Teachers and kids alike will suffer from this for a very long time. The country will probably go into a further slump as teachers go into their second month without wages. Olmert doesn't care. Sderot is living in the blitz that our evacuation from Gaza brought them instead. Last night we had our second earthquake in a week...both around 4.2!

But Genoa City is a mess and all those rich people are in trouble. And I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Some of it I already know but shhhhhhhhhh don't ruin the fun.

Thanksgiving was a big yahoooooooooo. My friend Rena outdid herself once again. Thirteen for dinner. Two...yup count 'em two turkeys. Stuffing. Sweet potaoes. Mashed potatoes. Green bean casserolle. Brussel sprouts with smoked duck cubes. Two kinds of cranberry dishes...not an easy task as we do not have fresh cranberries in the is country and they had to be imported. Anyone coming bring cranberries :). Corn bread. And three pies...apple...lemon merangue...and PECAN PIE.

We were stuffed more than the turkeys. Like locusts we filled out plates. And I don't know what everyone was looking forward to more...the food or the company. This is a set group of thanksgiving diners eating a set meal and we all look forward to it every year. Yahooo Rena...Bless You!

My Joe College and Bubbie Channah got Take Away and I was so stuffed that I couldn't think of eating another bite. The next day I was sorry :).

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and, I for one have a lot to be thankful for. You, are part of that list.

Shabbat shalom.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

6 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU TOO!!!
WOW!! Sounds like you all had the Mother of all Feasts!! How fabulous that you all get together at Rena's to celebrate the holiday.

I had guests over to share in our bounty. I stuffed the turkey with our traditional celery and sage dressing, then made cornbread dressing on the side, since folks from Southern states prefer that kind. Then I made praline sweet potatoes, squash, spinach & strawberry salad, broccoli & cauliflower w/cheese, mashed potatoes and giblet gravy, apple crisp, pumpkin pie and pecan pie. We felt like the turkey after stuffing ourselves. I sent food home with the guests and still had plenty left over for us. Oh, how I love left-overs!

So good to hear from you! I think you should cut back on the soaps and spend more time here....with us, the real people :o)

Well, got to go put up the tree and start decorating. It's snowing to beat the band, and the fireplace is crackling. All I need are chestnuts, and the mood is perfect. Ahh, we are soooooooo blessed! So much to be thankful for. You are part of that too.

Love ya,
Chavaleh

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

lol..hooked on soaps.. I used to be another life time ago!..Happy Motzei Shabbat!

 
At 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up, woman! I remember those days when I lived and breathed for the folks on All my Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital... as IF they were family members! Taped them every single day! OY! Glad I was able to get thru a 12 step program to deprogram myself!!! But it's harmless fun and if you have the time, I say, enjoy yourself!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Nu? You're feeling better now?
The turkey talk made me hungry lol.
Soap operas can take over your life! But the good thing is you can stop watching for years, tune in again and things are still just where you left off.
Have a great week.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Hi Marallyn.

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Ours was as well.

Thanks for letting us know about our profiles being private.

God bless,

Tim

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo sorry to hear about all the hacking & coughing (know what that's all about...did it for two months...just now stopped). Pneumonia is better than a cold..that they can cure. A cold, bed rest, home made chicken soup, vicks on the bottom of your feet & on your forehead (honest, it helps!) and you'll be okay in about a week (or two?). Miss you, hope Shabbat was bearable...stay safe, get better...LOVE YOU/Ricky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home