Monday, December 03, 2007

HAPPY CHANNUKAH

Well, it all started out with the idea of gathering the clan together for an evening of candle lighting, good food, and fun.

I mean--you know the old saying: How can you describe every Jewish holiday in ten words or less? THEY TRIED TO KILL US...WE WON...LET'S EAT!

So I began phoning my husband's family to invite them. And they were all thrilled. I was about to invite a few friends of my own when I realized that I had about forty people coming from the immediate family! Yahoooo. So to all my friends...I am sorry but we'll get together in a couple of weeks when my brother Dovidle comes to Jerusalem.

Now the food. Tradition demands potato latkehs and sufganiot...potato pancakes and jelly donuts. Why? because they are both made in oil and Channukah is the miracle of lights. Judah the Maccabee and just enough oil to burn the menorah for one night and it burned for seven...remember? Thus potato latkehs and sufganiot!

My table will be covered with about a hundred homemade latkehs, store bought sufganiot (much better than mine) a mound of felaffel balls (also fried in oil), tuna salad, egg salad, avocado salad, hummous, tehina, eggplant salad, tomato and cuke salad, potato and cheese borekkahs, corn bread, pitas (or pitot in Hebrew), hot and cold drinks and presents for the little kids.

On a personal note, I am up to here with the rewrite of Emma, and if I'm not writing I'm thinking, plotting, and planning the next move. Besides being wonderful fun it is rather exhausting. So if you don't hear from me drop me a line...I'm up to here with my imaginary playmates. The best news is that my agent/producer/friend loves it! What a relief!

I hope you and yours have a marvellous holiday and may your lights always burn brightly.

Happy Channukah!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

9 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY CHANUKKAH TO YOU TOO!!
Your party fare sounds delicious!
Ummm, how's the diet coming along? lololol. Never mind, it's the holiday season. Diets are not allowed! Glad to hear your brother is coming to visit. You all take care and above all, stay safe.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Goat said...

Yes Marallyne, may your Menorah burn brightly, Happy Channakuh!

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm making latkehs too yahoooo!

Your rewriting the book!!!! I can't even get my first page to spill out on paper and YOUR DOING A REWRITE!?!

I've got a great beginning and middle, but the end isn't coming together for some reason.

Time will tell I suppose and lots and lots of prayers.

Still love your tall tales from the great land of Israel.

How are you and your hubby feeling?

Better I pray.

Could you do me a big favor? Could you go outside, in the evening and look up into the sky and tell God thank you for me from there. I'd really appreciate it.

still saving pennies for my trip and hope to meet you someday.

Stay safe and wonderful and have a blessed Channukah.

Love from Texas

Shira

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Geologychick said...

Happy Channukah to your family from ours in California!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Val said...

Happy Hanukkah, my friend!

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Batya said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.
Regards to Emma...

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Caraqueña said...

Haven't been over here in a while...ALWAYS love it! Your feast sounds delish...especially the jelly donuts (I have a weakness for those~especially raspberry!). Happy *past* chanukah! Jehovah bless thee!

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Leann said...

just sopped by to say Happy Hannaka and merry christmas from my house to yours.hope I spelled Hannaka right,my spelling is the pits.
lost your blog a while ago when my computer went nuts.lost all my listings and friends had to go and try to find them all.and I finely found yours by going back in my old posts.
God bless you as I know he does,shalom from the USA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home