Friday, April 04, 2008

THE TRUTH IS I MISSED US

No, I haven't finished the re-write of Emma Shelby is No More. Actually, I'm up-to-here in the rewrite. But...I missed us.

So, I decided that instead of blogging every day, I'm going to blog very Friday. That will let me accomplish two things...one, to keep in touch, and two, to wish you all a sweet shabbat shalom.

So much has happened since I was here. Life has a way of filling in all the blanks, if you know what I mean.

The family is great. Bubbie Channah is wonderful. I'm teaching in the afternoons.

But, the bulk of my time is still spent with my invisible playmates. I love writing...duh...but there is a lot of difference between forging ahead with a story and putting new pieces into an already established puzzle.

Lucky me I have the greatest mentor in the universe gently prodding and suggesting. I have a brilliant writing group who trust me with theirs as much as I trust them with mine.

The babies are beyond wonderful. Sweetsie Tootsie decided to sleep over last week for the first time. He's going to be six in June. He said so long to his folks and sister, grabbed my hand and the remote control...a man, after all...and flipped the channels till he found what he was looking for...action/guns/good guys/bad guys...Lethal Weapon 2!!!

As we snuggled up under the covers I was flipped back to when my own kids...and his daddy...used to climb into our beds. Then it was a fight to get them to stay in their own room an entire night. How foolish we were. They grew up so quickly and then didn't have time for us, never mind want to snuggle and watch tv with mom.

I have to confess, I fell asleep before the kid and woke up first. What a joy just watching him sleep. Does anyone sleep more peacefully than a young child? How wonderful.

Not to be outdone by her brother, Sweetsie Girl looked at a piece of art work he gave me as a gift. It is a fish, the length from your fingers to your elbow (there must be a real measure for that) and is covered with silver sparkles and a big eye and all kinds of decorations. The middle of the fish is hollowed out in the shape of a triangle and inside is a picture of him all dressed up as a clown for Purim. It is great and as he handed it to me he said, "Bubbie, I made this just for you."

Of course, I teared up and hugged him and thanked him.

That is when she spoke up. And in her three year old little girl voice said, "The only reason he's giving it to you, is that it's so ugly!"

Dontcha just love feisty women??? Vey. What's she going to be like at thirteen? I shudder to think about it.

Oh. The fish is hanging in my kitchen over the calendar! I think it's gorgeous!

Ok. Off I go to work on Emma. The cooking is done already. I'm not going out with Rena for breakfast as she is off to a family function. I'm just home alone. Hubby at work and Joe College at the University. Bubbie Channah just phoned and she is off to buy half of a b-b-que chicken at the deli around the corner.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. A delicious Shabbat. I missed us.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

6 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Chavaleh said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! She's back!!!
You missed us? WE MISS YOU!!!
I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that you are blogging again. You just don't know what a bright spot you are to those who know and love you. No one can tell a story with word pictures as well as you do. And as humorus as you can make it. You can make me laugh, and you can make me feel sadness. Most of all, you make me want to hug you!!
Life is too short and moves too fast to lose touch with people you care about. Thanks for sharing you with us!
Bear Hugs,

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

oh chavaleh...thank you soooooooooooo much...i want to hug you too...shabbat shalom my dear friend

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your mail and your blog, as you can see it is now only 4 in the morning and I am writing to you and to my grandchildren.They are all over the country. from the Golan to Orot near Chaderah.
My oldest one is already going to the army in July. They grow so fast no more babies, and we are so young at least I think so.
Shabbat shalom from far away for 10 more months.
Betzalel
p.s. warm regards to your mom from us, I still wear your fathers hat that he made for me.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks betzalel...shabbat shalom from ma and from ma...can't wait to see you on this side of the big water!!!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger torontopearl said...

I think we can settle for Erev Shabbos blog posts for you...does that come with a written guarantee?

Silence isn't always golden, but as long as it's for "good busy"...then your blog writing lapses are acceptable!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Batya said...

Regards to Emma!
Will we ever meet again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home