Sunday, December 23, 2007

AHHHHHHHHH THERE'S NUTTIN LIKE FAMILY

Every year my brother Dovidle comes for a couple of weeks to Jerusalem to visit. The cheapest flight he could find was Heil Hitler airlines and as Shabbat came in he phoned me on Skype and said, 'Shabbat shalom, Fraulein!' He's a card my little brother. Oy.

So can someone explain to me why flights from Europe come in to Ben Gurion at like 3:30 in the morning? Maybe that is a great time to fly but to arrive? Everyone is zonked and excited and pooped and then you get home like around seven in the morning and by two in the afternoon each chair and bed is full of sleeping people trying to stay awake so they can get into the right time zone. No chance!

Forty-eight hours after landing he got sick...you know the sore throat/cough/dripping nose that everyone seems to have right now. Probably caught it from someone on the plane. Anyways, the first week of his visit he was sick in the house. Then Bubbie Channah started. That left me as the major cook and bottle washer as I had just gone through my own three weeks of yuk...you remember.

So, between taking care of two households...Bubbie Channah's as well as my own and teaching and just sitting around with my mom and brother things have been rather hectic.

The good news is that everyone is feeling better and we are having brilliant quiet time together which is such a great gift.

I move in to Bubbie Channah's place when my brother comes here and I did shlep my laptop but only his is connected to the internet. So while he's sleeping I've come to visit and say hello.

To all my wonderful friends who are celebrating Christmas, I wish you a happy wonderful holiday filled with family, good friends, wonderful food and joy.

A sweet shavuah tov...a good week to you all.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

Thank you for the kind Christmas wish! may you and your family have a wonderful time spent together!!!

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Val said...

Hi friend... enjoy the visit with your brother and Happy New Year! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home