Wednesday, June 27, 2012

YAHOOOOOOOOOO SUMMER

I wake up happy...ready to start a new day. Everyone else in my house is a grump until they drink their first cup of coffee. I don't know how that happened. The only one like me at all is my sweet, little, almost three year old, Sweetsy Happy. This kid (I think) looks like me and she has my personality...what great fun!

The reason I'm writing this is because I always try to see the glass half full. Life has not always been easy...when is it??? But I have no complaints. As a matter of fact I am very grateful.

For the past year I have been trying to find some emotional quiet space in order to finish the fourth, and hopefully, the last rewrite of my novel Unveiled. It has been sitting there waiting and weighing heavily on me but between my family and students I simply haven't had sufficient blocks of time to let my muse fill my soul so I could soar.

But...it is summer!!! Last year I spent two glorious, fabulous, wonderful months in the States and Canada with my family...wowowow what treat that was!!! This year my multi-focal glasses cost the price of a ticket!!! I kid you not. But you don't mess around with your eyes!!! Like Mel Brooks said as Butch Richardson, MY EYES, MY EYES!!!You get the best. So this summer I'm going to be home with very few, if any students and the freedom to sit wherever I want with my mini computer, drinking coffee, writing my blogs and my book! How good is that??? Not so hotsy totsy for the pocket book and ah mechayeh for the neshomeh!!! Ask me if I'm happy.

Yahoooooooo summer!!!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

2 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I'm always delighted when we hear from you. I think of you often. Glad life is good. Mine is, too. We are indeed blessed beyond measure.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so delighted you're back, and will check daily in order to read your stuff!
You bring a smile to me, and I am sure to all who read you!
Toodles and hugs Shelley xo!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home