Sunday, December 03, 2006

HAPPY IS GOOD

I am basically a happy person. I wake up eager to start a new day. I'm almost jolly. No, no I don't HO HO HO...but I sure like to laugh a lot.

A lot has been going on in my life over the past couple of weeks...heavy stuff...family stuff...and as a sun sign Cancer and with Leo rising, well, family means everything to me. They hurt, I hurt. They worry, I worry. They are happy, I'm happy.

That's me the weather vane of the Ben Moshe clan.

This morning I woke up happy again. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and today marks the beginning of a new week and a new everything.

Isn't it wonderful to have something to look forward to?

Bubbie Channah always said there are two terrible curses. One, that G-d forbid a parent has to bury a child. Tfu tfu tfu!!! And, two, that a person has a beautiful house but no one ever comes in to visit.

She's right. As always. Bubbie Channah is ALWAYS right.

Today, I want to add a third curse. That a person wakes up without the feeling that today is a new day, and tomorrow will be better.

I have stopped reading the news. I have avoided listening to the news on TV. Ok, ok, I do access the headlines online and when I'm on the bus I struggle to hear the news over the noise of the passengers. But, usually, I do my ostrich imitation. Trust me, not a pretty sight. {sigh}

And, why you might ask? Because it is all doom and gloom. For the most part everyone wants to kill us and it's our fault.

Now, I do have a great deal to comment on that above sentence. But it would be like preaching to the choir. And, besides...it's much too lovely a day in Jerusalem. The sun is shining...there is a crisp breeze blowing...there isn't one lonely cloud in the sky. And, it's Jerusalem, for G-d's sake!!!

So, let me wish you all a sweet shavuah tov (a good week) and may today be lovely and tomorrow even better. Yahooooooooooooooo.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

13 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know the song?
Etmol haya tov
Etmol haya tov
Etmol haya tov vyihye gam machar
(Yesterday was good and tomorrow will be too.)
Marallyn, you're so right. And so is Bubbie Channah. So when are you coming to visit?
Have a nice day :)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shavuah tov miriam!!! what a great comment...thanks so much...come to visit? soon...sooner even...stay safe my dear friend

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The time: Now
The place: O.A. meeting hall ( Ostriches Anonymous )

" Hello, my name is The Guv, and I'm an ostrich "

" Hello, Guv. Welcome "

" I have been an ostrich for quite a few years now. I probably became one not long after my late husband's loooong, drawn-out illness and subsequent death. I'm ashamed to admit that I LIKE living like this. NO !! I LOVE LIVING LIKE THIS ! I only concentrate on the good stuff that goes on around me, deliberately choose to spend time with positive, non-toxic types of people, and opt for activities that make me grow, not that diminish me. I'm still more than capable of getting through tough times, and more than ready to help family members and friends navigate through their mine fields. But, I have deliberately relegated all big-time global ills to the back burners of my mind. My small world may very well be insolated and unrealistic, but, I'm doing what's best for me. For the first time in my life."

PAUSE

" Anything else you'd like to share with us today, Guv ?"

" Yes. I may very well be an ostrich, but, I can't be all that bad because today I learned that Yehupitz loves me ! It's nice to be noticed and appreciated. And, obviously, he doesn't love me because of my pretty face !"

The Guv

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA...oh guv...you are so much more than just a pretty face...and hey...yehupitz will have to stand in line...shavuah tov my dear friend

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having my own share of sorting things out at this time, I am, at this moment waking to a BRAND NEW DAY.
That this area of the country is known for nine months of February (gray skies), I have always enjoyed my own sunshine to see me through. Call it a world of make believe, my land of fluffy white clouds (my daughter's version), or playing ostrich; it is a happy world.
That world has always been given company, friends who "visit", to make it even more beautiful. The recent phone conversations with you and The Guv have cemented the foundation of my "home" as cherished adult friends and I know it's going to be a day of sunshine in spite of the weather.
GOOD MORNING :))Have a great week with even more laughter in your heart(s).

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

you too sydonia...you too...i think the trick is not to lose your sense of humour...but oy sometimes it ain't easy...stay safe lamsey...smooches

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Leann said...

glad to see all is well with you.happy is good.thanks for the comment on my blog.God bless you friend and shalom.

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Geologychick said...

Very inspirational!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks leann...love your blog...stay safe my friend

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi 'chick...thanks...always love hearing from you...stay safe

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guv makes me happy. How could I not love her??

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guv makes me happy. How could I not love her??

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

you are absolutely right yehupitz...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home