Monday, November 20, 2006

WAIT BUBBIE CHANNAH, I DIDN'T MEAN IT!!!

I woke up this morning before five. Don't ask. As Bubbie Channah says, 'Getting old isn't for sissies!'. So, since I couldn't fall back asleep and didn't want to wake up everyone in the house, I turned on my computer and went visiting my favourite blogs.

I don't know what is more fun...reading the original blog, or the comments other writers send in. Personally, I love the comments I get on my blog.

Well, I was tootleing along reading and commenting until I got to LemonLimeMoon...go check her out...wonderful graphics and great blog.
http://lemonlimemoon.blogspot.com/

At the top of her blog for today, she pointed out that today, November 20, 2006, is National Take a Jerk Out for Lunch Day!

Whoa! And today is my day for lunch with Bubbie Channah. Every Monday, Ma and I have lunch in a restaurant downtown. And usually she pays for lunch. Does that mean that I am the Jerk? Maybe I should take Ma out for lunch, leaving her to be the Jerk.

Nisht shayn, not nice...an 83 year old great grandmother to be a Jerk. Ok, Ok. Today I'll do Ma a favour and let Her take Me out for lunch. I'll be the Jerk.

I mean, after all...what's a daughter for?

ps. We also meet Rena and Channah...but they pay for themselves...so if they turn out to be Jerks it has nothing to do with me.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

12 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Val said...

Very cute...
I have a lunch meeting with lunch being brought in... so I guess I'm the jerk, huh?!
Enjoy yours.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, nooo, Marallyn. You can never be the jerk. A nudik?

Maybe. But, a nice one.

We like those.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Leann said...

Hi Marallyn.loved the post.and the part about take a jerk to lunch thing was funny.glad I didn,t go out to lunch with anyone.but you know I some times feel like a jerk anyway.I will check out the lemon lime moon blog.thanks for telling us.have a great day and shalom.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger cheated are the clouds said...

Oh Oh I took myself out for lunch today Mmmm I thought my ears were burning as I ate my lunch, awesome

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stayed in and worked and ate by myself - if I were a member of Knesset that would qualify as going to lunch with a jerk!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi val...oy this is getting too complicated...i think it goes like this...you ordered/you paid/you're a jerk...but i still love you :)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

john...the last time i walked around nude i blinded all the neighbours on that side of the building...but if you meant nudnik...well, i'll smile and say, 'who me?'...hi honey

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom leann...don't we all feel like a jerk sometimes? thanks for dropping in...have a sweet day and stay safe

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

cheated! how are you? wish you were here and we could take each other out for lunch...now wouldn't that be nice??? thanks for dropping in my friend

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

itzhak!!! that is just tooooooo funny...and very very clever...bravo...thanks for dropping in...went to visit your blog too...a million dollar word eh? hmmmmm i'll have to think about that...stay safe

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Rena said...

I'm the Rena who regularly goes out to lunch with Marallyn, Bubbie Chana and Chana. Great being together, as always - but I think I was only half a jerk - I paid for my own lunch but Marallyn "got" us - she bought us all ("tay im nana) - tea with mint. Can you be half a jerk?

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

nope rena...either you is or you isn't...gotcha!!! all were jerks at that table...and wasn't it fun???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home