Thursday, November 23, 2006

SO, MY DAD (AH) TOLD ME...

My Dad, (AH) didn't say much, but when he did...boy oh boy we all listened. For example, my Dad told me that a set of car keys was like a loaded pistol and could kill just as quickly. That ditty he mentioned the first day he handed me my own set of keys. I gulped, walked to the car, and was afraid to turn on the ignition. But it worked. I tried to always be a responsible and careful driver.

He told me that every time I point a finger at someone there are three more fingers pointing back at me.

He told me that if I was going to steal anything, I might as well steal a lot, because I would be spending a long time in jail anyways.

And, he told me that it was hard to be a Jew. Not, God forbid, that he was sorry we were all Jewish, but whenever things went sour or wrong or bad, he would say, 'Tochter, Jews were born to suffer.' And I knew that, just as the Jews survived, so would I.

I miss my Dad.

I wonder what he would say about this email I received yesterday:

In a large Florida city, the Rabbi developed quite a reputation for impressive sermons, so much so, that everyone who was Jewish in the Community came every Shabbat.

Unfortunately, one weekend a member had to visit Long Island for his nephew's Bar mitzvah, but he didn't want to miss the Rabbi's sermon. So he decided to hire a Shabbat goy to sit in the congregation and tape the sermon so he could listen to it when he returned.

Other congregants saw what was going on, and they also decided to hire Shabbat goys to tape the sermon so they could play golf instead of going to Shul.

Within a few weeks' time, there were 500 gentiles sitting in Shul taping the Rabbi.

Eventually, the Rabbi got wise to this.

The following Shabbat he, too, hired a Shabbat goy who brought a tape recorder to play his pre-recorded sermon to the 500 gentiles in the congregation who dutifully recorded his words on their machines....marking the first incidence in history of artificial insermonation!!!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

6 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! Did you just say that? LOL I'll have to pass this on to my brothers.

Just want you to know I really enjoy your blog. You have hit my top three reads. Thank you.

If I may ask, what online news to you read about Jerusalem and Israel (besides the jpost :).

Be safe and prosper, Marallyn.

Tim @ terpening.typepad.com

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom tim!!! thank you for writing and for your very kind words...i am thrilled that you like my blog...i will email you the sites i use for online news in english...hope your thanksgiving was great...stay safe and a sweet shabbat shalom

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

thanks for providing a much needed laugh !!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom lemon lime moon...boy do i love your name...good to laugh once in awhile, no? thanks so much for dropping in...stay safe

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Leann said...

you are so funny marallyn my friend.I needed a laugh.they ae hard to come by lately.shalom from the USA midwest.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

bless you leann...may we always have a smile in our hearts...a sweet shabbat to you...stay safe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home