Thursday, January 25, 2007

FANTASY ISLAND

As I grow older, more and more I have come to the conclusion that BORING IS BETTER.
I mean it. Just think what I could accomplish if I lived on some fantasy island. Let me describe it to you.

Nice friendly water all around (not like on Survivor where there are snakes and sharks and crocodiles just waiting to do you a damage), soft white beaches where you can put your blanket or chair down and look at the blue water. Dolphins jumping and cavorting to amuse you.

When you decide you've had enough sun, you can walk a few meters and stop for a drink and a meal at Happy Joe's, the local beach restaurant and bar. Charlie, who bought the bar from Happy Joe runs the place now but kept the name. He's put in electricity, so right there on the beach you can plug in your laptop and connect to the outside world.

Everyone on the island cares about their neighbours, but protects and understands the value of giving you your space.

There is a local doctor and dentist on call and even a little clinic, if God forbid, you need it.

People are friendly and everyone manages to make a living.

And then I woke up. Still in Jerusalem. With the words of our ranting, out of control, President Katzav in my ears.

I actually almost felt sorry for him for a moment. We've all done it. Opened our mouths and said too much. But he is in the talking business and should have known better.

And I woke up nervous. Normally, it's difficult to remain happy-go-lucky in this country where the guys across the street are blowing you up and the cousin over the hill wants to get bombs to blow you to smithereens.

But this was different. This was hoping that finally there will be only ONE law in this country and it will apply for the people AND the government.

Someone on TV said maybe we should turn the entire Knesset into one big prison! Oy!

Then, I thought, why the hell not? They're all there already. There are bathrooms, a kitchen, each Chaver Knesset has his own room.

Isn't this awful? But, until we get them all out of the Knesset and into jail there will be no peaceful days and nights. And, I betcha YOU KNOW WHO is watching and waiting.

There is still time to save the store. But we godda hurry. First the President and then the Prime Minister and Lord alone knows who else.

How did we get into this mess? I got one inkling this morning when Rena called and told me that Shimon Peres (I have not liked him for a very long time) announced that he knew in 2000 that Katzav was a womanizer and was doing bad things 'but he decided not to say anything and told his staff to be quiet too.'

NICE. So instead he let this guy become President of our country. See, I think he was pissed cuz he is a man who has never once won an election. So he figured 'why should Katzav only screw a few women, when he can screw an entire country!'

Nice Shimon. Very nice. Doesn't this make you an accomplice?

I wonder if I can open a place and call it Happy Joe's? I think I would like to spend some time there. Oh, by the way...you're invited to come along...the drinks are on me.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

9 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody forgot to tell you that if you hang around that gorgeous sand and surf too, too long, despite the beauty and serenity, you could possibly get crotch rot, sun poisoning, sun/heat stroke, not to mention, insect and/or sea creature bites.

After spending lots of time at "Happy Joe's", you could contract Hepatitis A from contaminated ice-cubes/water, calluses on your ass and laptop-crazy fingers, and a horrible case of ennui from all those conversations with mindless beach bums.

So, Wake Up Little Susie, Wake up. You might as well stay where you are. Paradise ain't paradise no mo' !

The Guv

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

oy guv...oy...no happy joe's? no sand and sea? i'm stuck with lions and tigers and bears, oh my??? ahhhh but it was fun for a moment...thanks guv...no one better than you knows that i would never give up jerusalem for a zillion pinapple drinks with those cute little umbrellas...oy...no mo no mo, eh??? sigh...ps today is sydonia's birthday...happy b'day syd...crotch rot??? ouch!!! love you

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Geologychick said...

"Happy Joe's" - I'm on the next flight from California.... do they take reservations?
Great post, by the way!
Thanks for your nice comments on my Blog ;)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi chick...thanks and thanks for dropping in...always a joy to visit your blog

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Leann said...

yes it would be nice to move to some peaceful place.but we live on a inperfect world and there aint no place perfect.only peace we have is the peace God gives with his salvation.I tryed for years to move away from the stress in my life.but you know it always moved with me.then I learned how to get rid of it.I gave it to the Lord.and then I got peace even when all hell was breaking loose all around me.O it aint fun to be in the middle of a hellish mess.but if your not alone you can trust the Lord to help you.thanks for your nice commments on my blog.Shalom friend.and hang on and pray for Gods will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.and the sooner that happens the sooner the peace will come.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Batya said...

Have you gone beta?
I can't blog on my old one it seems.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Happy Joes" was a real pizza/soda shop/ice cream place in the 70's...at least in the Midwest. I had a gradeschool B-Day party there. I will
forever remember: My Mom made me invite *all* of the girls in the 1st grade...including Niaomi-the girl who threw up every week, and Gia-the special needs girl.Mom's have such wisdom; It took me awhile to appreciate:)
Thanks for the reminder:)

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Jennwith2ns said...

No Happy Joe's after all? Are drinks still on you?

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home