Sunday, January 28, 2007

A FEW THOUGHTS ON A SUNDAY MORNING

First of all a sweet shavuah tov to you all. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Today is my little one's twenty-fourth birthday. I guess I'm so old that all I can think of is 'Where did the time fly?'

The truth is that I love being my age. I love being a Mom of grown up kids and I love being a Bubbie. And I am blessed to still be a Daughter, tfu tfu tfu Bubbie Channah, bless her.

I almost died giving birth to this one and when we both came out the other side, healthy and happy a bond was forged that is still strong to this day.

Last year at this time he was on his Quest to South America. I packed him a gift and a card to be opened on his special day and I cried. Today I hugged him and smiled.

Every day is a gift and should be cherished.

So, what's new with me? My chicken and vegetables are roasting in the oven...my astrology column is written and sent out...the beds are made...the sun is shining...and the kid and I are sitting in the living room working on our laptops. He's home because he's studying for exams...law school...Hebrew University. I'm home because I can be. Isn't that lovely? I have one student today this afternoon and then I am meeting A. to work on our children's book.

It is lovely working with someone on a book, especially if that someone is the opposite sex. No...don't go there, silly. The opposite sex sees things differently and since we have both boys and girls in our story it is delicious watching him add tadpoles and sticks scraping along fences...stuff like that.

I got an e-mail from a friend. A cartoon. It showed an old couple. He obviously has just walked up behind her and has grabbed her breasts. The caption reads: 'GUESS WHO', and she answers, ' WHO CARES!'

I laughed like hell. :)))

Now for a serious moment. I don't know what happened to my blogger beta but I can't access all of your blogs. For some reason I can't access Treppenwitz/ Val/Sojourner. I miss you guys and don't want you to think that I have been avoiding you. Anyone have any ideas?

Ok. Off I go. This morning is set aside for writing Emma. My goal is to have the book finished by Pessach.

A sweet shavuah tov.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for droppin in.

16 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Batya said...

the access has nothing to do with beta; it's your server or whatever. I've been having trouble, too.
My baby turned 23 in Nov. bli eyin haraa, ad 120.

Here's my easier than you'd ever guess challah recipe:
http://me-ander.blogspot.com/2005/05/my-challah-recipe.html

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your little one. My eldest will be 20 tomorrow. And I remember pushing him out - all 3.875 kilos of him.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

boker tov batya...we really have to meet one day...coffee...i'd like that...first of all tfu tfu tfu on your baby's birthday too...i triec to get into your blog but it's in the stage of moving and they said to come back in a little while...thanks so much for taking the time to send me the challah recipe...i really appreciate it...i think that blogger is busy moving and fixing and that's why we're having trouble...a sweet shavuah tov my friend...thanks again...love, marallyn

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom miriam...mazal tov to you too...isn't this nice??? birthdays...wow 3.875 tfu tfu tfu

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If someone was to approach me from the rear, and went to grab my breasts, man, he'd be in for a huge surprise!

He'd get a handful of fleshy chest bone. Nothing else!

My breasts decided to move down south years ago now. Permanently. And, unlike snow birds, they don't return north in the spring.

The Guv

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

dear guv my darling friend...did it occur to you that this was more information than anyone needed??? this only goes to show that when you did have pointy boobs they were yours, all yours...see walking around this world are a bunch of alteh kakerkehs with flesh hanging everywhere...except the boobs...transplants are forever...not a pretty sight...sigh...oh and how about those tattoos that looked so sexy way back when...so by me you are and always were and always will be A REAL WOMAN!!!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Marallyn, happy b'day to your baby, and mazel tov to you, eema!

Perhaps I came to your blog late, and you might've already discussed it, but I'd like to know more about your children's book -- age group you're catering it to; Hebrew or English? etc. I've written a few picture book manuscripts; one was supposed to have been published a few years back, but the publisher suddenly had financial issues and my book was cast aside. Boo-hoo. I still hope to publish it and/or other kids' books in my lifetime.

Nu? How are my stars looking these days...September 23, 1961, evening birth, Shabbos birth.

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought you didn't like me anymore. :)

I know a lady . . . can't say her name though none of the readers would know her . . . but she says she takes off her bra when she gets home and kicks her breasts around the house. lol

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!
It is so refreshing to hear all of your comments:)
I always wonder...what will these girls with big, huge boobies look like when they are 108 yrs old and in a nursing home.I wonder if silicone lasts that long

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Val said...

marallyn - I don't even presume to be techie enough to offer any advice on why you can't access my or my brothers' blogs... (I WAS wondering where you were, though!)
Keep trying... hope to see your comments soon. (And don't worry, you're not missing too much on my blog.. usual stuff that life is made up of!)

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

tim...help...i can't access your blog...it says it isn't listed or can't be found...help...i miss you

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

val my good friend...i can't get into your blog either...it says that bogieval.blog.com isn't listed...no bogie no val no trepp no sojourner...have no idea why or what to do...i end up in your old blog and it won't let me into your new one...any ideas anyone...don't give up on me i'm still trying...yahoooo...oy

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

'pearl...my email is marallyn@gmail.com... let's talk...i may have an idea...and we'll astrology there too...yahooooo...this is good...very good...

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

Hey! Wait a minute! You mean you aren't the only one to read my comments?

The Guv

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

damn guv you are sooooooooo funny...

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom anonymous...thanks for dropping in...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home