Thursday, March 15, 2007

GUESS WHAT?!?

It's snowing in Jerusalem! Yahoooooo. If rain is good, snow is better! I love the snow. I love the magic of it. I remember walking to school when I was a kid and having to step into other people's footprints as the snow was up to my knees. I remember when the milkman (I know, I know...I'm that old) would come and deliver our milk order to the side window becuase we couldn't open the door.

I love Jerusalem. I love Jerusalem with a love that is difficult and maybe impossible to explain. From the moment my little tootsies got off the plane that day so long ago I felt that I was home.

But! That doesn't mean that I don't miss some of the good stuff from North America. Nope. I miss a lot of the good stuff. Snow...the leaves turning their rainbow colours in the fall...a list of food that is too long to mention here. I always gain weight whenever I go back...sigh.

Well, yesterday I made a barley/lentil/pea soup that came out gorgous. So today I think I'm going to make chicken burgers. My youngest doesn't want to eat beef so I am busy inventing stuff from chicken and turkey. Actually it is better and healthier and I don't mind. What's a Mama for, if not to pamper her babies?

OK. Off I go to look out the window and go AHHHHHHHH. Jerusalem doesn't really know what to do when it snows and everthing stops...no school...yahooooooooo for the kiddies, and people think twice about going out. Not that they are afraid of the snow, but sometimes the busses stop running also and it gets difficult getting back home.

No problem for me. Today I am teaching this morning and working from home. Some days just make you smile and this is one of them.

I wish you all a happy sweet day.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

11 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw a picture of the snow myself, I was shocked. Snow? In March?

Wow.

Wish I was there to see it.

In Indiana, we can get snow in MAY, and it's no big deal.

But, snow in Jerusalem? THAT's a big deal. Makes me homesick.

Let's hope that I'm back for the NEXT snow in Jerusalem!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Daniel Greenfield said...

stay warm against the cold, we're due for a batch of snow ourselves, after some lovely warm days

shabbat shalom

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Leann said...

your soup sonds good.I missed out cause I forgot to fly over.but dont think Id have made it I have ut on lds this winter and my wings wouldnt be able to make it.nothing like a big fat chic winging her way across fly ways to get people to shot at you.
and they would think I was some UFO.so give Ill just dream about your good soup.Ill be there in spirit.Hee Hee.
God bless.have a great shabbat shalom.I think it means great sabath right?

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I don't even know how I found your blog, somewhere (?) you left a comment and I followed it to you. I bookmarked your site to read later and I just finished reading your entire June 2006 posts to find out how you got to Jerusalem and about you. You sound delightful and I so enjoyed your posts. If it's okay with you I'll come back and visit. One of my dreams is to "someday" visit Israel.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Val said...

That snow? that's cuz my parents are there 'escaping' the bad winters in New England! :)

Now that they've purchased something and will be wintering in Jerusalem, ensure you have lots of warm clothes and shovels handy! :)

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi john...you better believe it...and i'm counting on you being back here soon...shavuah tov my dear friend

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom sultan...thanks for dropping in...stay safe under that white stuff...here it is always a woohoo thing!!!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

leann my dear friend you are always welcome...stay safe honey and have a great weekend

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom penless...how absolutely marvellous to hear from you...come back any time and i'm off now to visit you...stay safe and thanks for dropping in

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom penless...how absolutely marvellous to hear from you...come back any time and i'm off now to visit you...stay safe and thanks for dropping in

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

ahhhhhh val...so that's it eh??? well tell your folks that everyone in jerusalem blesses them...snow here is a big deal...huge!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home