Sunday, March 18, 2007

THE SECRET

I don't know how many of you have heard about The Secret. It is basically all about using the power of positive thinking...what you put out to the universe is what you get back in return.

I first heard about this last year and thought, 'Hey, makes sense to me!' Well, of course it did, I'm the person who believes that 'if you build it they will come', remember?

So, I have been really trying to put away my fears. You know the ones that either wake you up in the middle of the night or else the ones that greet you first thing in the morning, and replace them with my new mantra...ALL IS WELL.

At first, I thought, 'No, I can't say that!' What about the ayn hora/ein ha rah/evil eye? TFU, TFU, TFU. But then I thought, it made sense. And now I'm putting...ok, ok, ok, I'm trying to put all my negative 'what if' thoughts away and replace them with ALL IS WELL.

It's like if you say 'I'll never find a parking place at this hour' then of course you won't. What you send out is what comes back at you. So, I'm sending out positive stuff.

Wanna know my own selfish one? Of course you do. So, after praying that the kids are all well, and successful, and everyone is healthy, and Israel is safe...mundane things like that, I am putting out that I'm going to earn my living as a writer. ALL IS WELL.

Ok, that's mine. Let me know what you think. Try it...you'll like it.

A sweet shavuah tov to you all.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

11 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Marallyn - Thanks ever so much for visiting my blog! I am excited to be "meeting" someone from Jerusalem. I love the way you spell your name. My sister, who I loved dearly, was named Marion. I posted a picture of us March 5th.

To your blog.....I do not believe in The Secret but I do believe in God and His written word. "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21 Therefore I absolutely watch what words I speak because I do believe what we speak has power. Keep speaking those words about being a writer!!!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger little things said...

Shalom, and thanks for visiting my blog.
I am a fellow fan of the Secret, and wanted to tell you a story.
A very good friend of mine is a 'mostly practicing' Orthodox Jew, though he was raised Reform. I bought the Secret for him for his birthday and he didn't like it, which completely surprised me.
When he called it a 'bastardized and Westernized' version of the Kabbalah, I wanted to ask for the video back.
But I didn't...

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Daniel Greenfield said...

may all the stuff you want happen for you... bli ayin hara

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

I found you while link surfing! I find your life fascinating. I am in Venezuela by the way. I , too, pray for the peace of Israel.Just wanted say hello. On the ´post, I am a woman, I dont do the positive thinking thing but I do pray. My selfish prayer is ... Lord, Help me not to gain weight from eating this!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Pen of Jen said...

I don't call it a secret, I call it being on God's side. I recognize that He is in control, and I live with a total enjoyment of knowing where I will go when I die. I am always positive, knowing that God has given me many gifts, and I will graciously receive each one. Of course I am not talking about vast wealth, I am talking about the assurance that I have with the peace of God.
I hope you don't mind if I stick around and visit. I am a home school mom living in the desert southwest New Mexico. Feel free to stop by and see what kids in the desert do. Also feel free to visit my home school blog. (penofjen.blogspot.com and mcbenningschool.blogspot.com)

Have a wonderful day!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Vicky said...

No matter what you call it, filling ones thoughts with all that is good and lovely and uplifting is the best habit a person can cultivate. Thanks for the reminder.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks penless...i too believe in the strength of the written and spoken word...can sooth or hurt...soothing is better, no???and thanks for the thumbs up

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks sultan...you too you too...if we build it they will come

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hahaha jungle mom...i know that mantra...it usually ends with oy...lol...thanks so much for dropping in!!!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom jennifer...how nice to meet you...thanks so much for dropping in...i to am a teacher...have been all my life and children are my joy...will be happy to drop in at your place and see what's happening...stay safe

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom vicky...thinking positive is ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so good...and it works...love to you and tim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home