Sunday, August 19, 2007

BUBBIE THE BABYSITTER

Last week my oldest son phoned and asked if I would be able to babysit the kids for a couple of days. I said 'Sure!'. At first they wanted to go to Italy for a long weekend but since that didn't work out they are leaving this morning for Yam Ha Melach...the Dead Sea.

So, I get to be Good Mommy/Good Bubbie/Bubbie the Babysitter!

I have slept over before but not for two nights and three days. I can't wait. The kids are finally old enough (5 and 2 1/2) to understand what is going on and love me enough to want to spend time with me.

Now isn't that wonderful???

And, they are still in nursery school till 4:00, so how easy can that be?

Tonight we get to order in pizza. My poor diet. Between my teeth and the idea of pizza I don't have a chance in you-know-where to get into a salad and soup regime for a couple more days yet.

An update on the teeth: the antibiotics are working and I haven't had to take a pain killer in days. There is still a little sensitivity to hot and cold but not nearly like it was. My earache is almost completely gone. And Cousin Sheldon, my wonderful dentist will be back from the States tomorrow. So, I think we are in the home stretch. I'll let you know.

Back to the babies. I haven't decided whether or not to take my laptop to their place and simply not come home until Tuesday. They live ten minutes from here and it would be nice to simply change scenery for a couple of days. But, they don't have internet. So, if you don't hear from me until Tuesday, figure I decided to camp out at the kids' place.

Shavuah tov...a good week.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home