Monday, August 27, 2007

I PICK DOOR NUMBER ONE

I guess it's all in the way you look at things. See, I figure that we have a choice...either get old...or die. I pick door number one.

Now don't get me wrong. Aging is not easy. And as Bubbie Channah often says, it's not for sissies. And it ain't the golden years...it's the rusty years.

But wow. They are great years. When I turned 40 I found life was better than in the 30's. The same for the 50's and now I'm in my 60's. (I will tell you my age...don't ask how much I weigh...sigh).

So, this aches, and that isn't working so good. I now wear glasses all the time. I'm fighting to keep my teeth from being in a glass at night. My hair isn't as thick as it used to be. My thighs are thicker.

But, who cares? I can still tie my shoes by myself and have the energy to play with my babies, enjoy my kids and have fun with my friends. My cup runneth over.

Yesterday I received an email with the list below. Hell! I'm a spring chicken!


Ursula Andress is now 70

Julie Andrews is now 71

Carroll Baker is now 75

Brigette Bardot is now 72

Leslie Caron is now 75

Julie Christie is now 65

Joan Collins is now 73

Doris Day is now 82

Barbara Eden is now 72

Annette Funicello is now 64

Kathryn Grayson is now 84

Lena Horne is now 89

Deborah Kerr is now 95

Gina Lollobrigida is now 79

Sophia Loren is now 72

Rita Moreno is now 75

Julie Newmar is now 73

Kim Novak is now 73

Debra Padget is now 73

Patti Page is now 79

Jane Powell is now 77

Debbie Reynolds is now 74

Jane Russell is now 85

Jean Simmons is now 77

Elke Sommer is now 66

Kay Starr is now 84

Stella Stevens is now 69

Gale Storm is now 84

Jill St. John is now 66

Shirley Temple is now 78

Mamie Van Doren is now 75

Rachel Welch is now 67

Esther Williams is now 83

Come along with me and we'll all pick door number one.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

10 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Perez said...

You can make anyone laugh any day of the week.

But you know what-no matter how old you get, at least you are still enjoying life. ISn't that all that matters?

Shalom and have a good rest of the week-perez

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, what bothers me is that I recognize these people.

And no, I do NOT want to know how old Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen are.

I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!

- John

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Keep healthy and may you live to 120 ( bli ayin hara )!

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deborah Kerr was born in 1821...September, I believe. Hers is a firm date, with no fudging or controversy. Her earliest films in England are among her best work.

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, and you've got the talent/wisdom of even an older age.

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. & just remember one think:
Compared to me, you'll ALWAYS be a kid!!
xxx
Romie

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deborah Kerr was born in 1921, which means she is 85, not 95.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Lady-Light said...

Well, this makes me feel LOTS better.
As I say about the years, ken yirbu!!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Val said...

great attitude, as always! ;)

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are some of the best in the business. Hard to believe they are so much older than us. Sure feels good knowing that!!! Thanks for the memories, kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home