Wednesday, August 29, 2007

HOME SWEET...

For the past two days, I have been running from early in the morning until late at night. For example. yesterday I ran to the mall at nine a.m. to meet Dani, my friend from Pardess Channah who makes the most incredible amulets. Woohoo...powerful stuff. We have been friends for donkey's years and he wanted me to come talk to a store owner about selling his stuff.

Almost two hours later and one cup of thick Turkish coffee each, the deal was made. Then we went for coffee to discuss other things and I ran into the city to meet Bubbie Channah for lunch.

After lunch, I ran to the Clal Building to meet another Dani...Dani my student. He is partially sited and the Clal Building downtown is halfway between our two homes. It is also the place where my school was for the last seven years. Sigh.

After teaching Dani, I met an old friend for coffee and then finally I went out with Rena to Poyo Loco for chicken wings. Yahooooooooooo I can now chew...well sort of...well, not a pretty sight, but who cares? Chicken wings!!!

By the time I got home it was after nine at night. But I had a great day and loved being with the people I met.

Today I get to stay home. It was almost a 'stay in your pajamas day' but my youngest has invited two of his friends from law school to study for a final tomorrow. And they get to sleep over too.

So, I had to get dressed...run to the corner store and pick up munchies. Of course I did. Kids who are studying need munchies. Then I made a big pot of spagetti...cuz kids love spagetti and now the rest of the day is mine.

As he made up the bed in the spare room, which used to be his room, it took me back 20 years. Ah the good old days.

Actually, I wouldn't go back there for anything. Not even if you promised me I could make a couple of changes.

Wait! WAIT! OK, if I could make a couple of changes I guess I would go through all that again. But they better be humdinger of a great change or two. Thick hair and skinny thighs are not good enough. Sigh.

I died my hair this morning with a new hair dye. You know how they take the old stuff off the market and bring you a 'new improved' version that costs twice as much? I mean if it ain't broken, then why fix it?

I liked my old hair dye. Finally I had a colour that a real person could have been born with. Not pink or orange or that interesting shade of purple that my beautician made me once by mistake. Actually, I kind of liked it, but Bubbie Channah wouldn't let me keep it.

So I put the dye on and it was bright yellow! I mean daisy yellow. With a little orange. Pretty for a few flowers in a crystal vase, but on a real person's head...well, don't ask. For about thirty minutes I was a bit nervous until I realized that the difference between a bad haircut and a great one is two weeks. And I live up the street from the Malcha Mall where they have umpteen boxes of different coloured hair dye.

But, guess what? It came out great! It's my new favourite colour. Israeli Blond number 7.3

OK, godda run. Want to get some writing done before Joe College and his two friends take over the living room.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Batya said...

Darling, I must see you in your new blonde look.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, you're blonde again! I liked your blonde look. They DO have more fun, you know. Gotta do mine tomorrow. Mine is called "Starlet". Don't ya just love it when it turns out right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home