Sunday, August 26, 2007

I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THESE WORDS

I'm tired of eating carbs! Can you believe it? Moi? Well, after four weeks of mushy calorific foods which helped turn me into a meatball, I am finally back to chewing. A little cucumber here...a little chicken there.

And the best part is that my dentist, Cousin Sheldon, the best dentist in the universe, is back! He and his wife went to the States to visit their children and grandchildren for a couple of weeks. They're entitled, no?

I mean, how was he to know that the day after he put his tush in that plane my tooth would attack me? It wasn't in the x-ray. It wasn't part of the game plan.

Ahhhh. But I forgot. Life is what happens when you're busy making plans.

The good news is that the antibiotics worked and I am a happy camper once again. Ptew!

Back to Cousin Sheldon, the dentist. In my time...not with the dinosaurs exactly, but when I moved to Israel, I left my parents behind. Interesting that Cousin Sheldon and his wife have made the move and two out of their three children are still back Stateside.

I meet more and more people my age here who did exactly the same thing. Their kids were busy in jobs they loved and wanted to keep and weren't ready to make the big move. But, they decided 'what the hell am I waiting for?' and packed and became new immigrants.

Now, I don't know about you, but it sure isn't easy packing up and picking up and moving to another world. Leaving Florida for Jerusalem isn't the same as moving from California to Colorado, if you know what I mean.

And that brings me to Bubbie Channah. My hero! She was 75 when she moved here and let me tell you she is doing great. Her apartment is right next to Hamashbir, the big Department Store and is at the crossroads between King George and Ben Yehudah Streets. Of course, that is also the terrorists favourite place to blow themselves up. Ye mach she mahm (may their names be erased).

So, I guess it doesn't matter how old or young you are, Jerusalem will be happy to welcome you. Me? I'm thrilled that Cousin Sheldon is here. And my teeth are even more thrilled. Sigh.

Shavuah tov...a good week.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home