Sunday, September 02, 2007

ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Shavuah tov...a good week. I hope your weekend was wonderful.

I was thinking this morning of all those other things that not only have I never done, but that I never wanted to do. Things like, rock climbing. Have you watched those crazy people hanging upside down like a bat trying to get to the top? My idea of getting to the top is either by some four-wheeled machine or a cable car. If not, then stay home.

I have also never wanted to sky dive or bungee jump. I figure living in Jerusalem is plenty enough excitement for me. And some days too much excitement.

I once rode a horse. Not a pretty sight.

I once went skiing. Very scary. The lodge was lovely, though.

I did, however dream of being an actress on broadway. Or a standup comic. I liked the idea of that.

I did realize after teaching school for a gazillion years that I should have gotten a second degree in law. I think I would have liked that a lot.

I love being a Mom...even when it means that I have to listen to the moments when my kids are miserable or scared. When they were young it was easy. A mom could always take care of little kids' problems. But, when they are big kids the problems they sometimes face are the same ones that you yourself are still struggling with. But still it is worth it.

I love being a Bubbie. Period. Let their folks take care of the scary parts. I get to pamper and hug and love. And the best part is they love me too!

I love being a daughter. Bubbie Channah is one in a million...no a gazillion and every day is a blessing.

I love writing. I love the silence of it...the creation of the invisible playmates who keep me company for a year or two. And I miss them when the book is done. But then new playmates are waiting to be discovered.

I love my brother Dovidle and my other brother Maeshey. They know why. And forever I will be grateful that they are in my life.

I love my friends. And am blessed with people around me who love me back.

What's all this about? Is that what you are thinking? Well, I just finished writing this week's astrology for the Jerusalem Post and Rosh Ha Shanah is only a week and a half away...oy! Already?

And I was thinking of all the things I have and don't have...want and don't want...love and don't love...and love again.

So, I decided to share. I hope your list is longer on the love side...fuller on the grateful side...thicker on the happy side...and that you still have an empty page that is waiting to be filled tomorrow.

Yahooooooooooo.

Have a great week...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

10 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Goat said...

Hey this rock climbing mountaineering goat welcomes you to my Barnyard, there is lots of good rock in the Holy Land if you want to try it. Shalom Shabbat! I will gladly post a crosslink .

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Yehudi said...

I love your site! My wife and I are making aliyah soon and can't wait! Keep up the great work and I'll drop by often to hear the latest...
L'Shalom...

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog!
I was looking for that before, but couldn't find it.

I LOVE being the fav Auntie:)
You are so right about that one.

My nephew's weekend:
I gave him soda and nachos in his bed and let him stay up as long as he wanted:)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Goat said...

LOL, I am a rock climber and would love to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, climbing is for the challenge and exhiliration of finishing a difficult route requiring dedication, practice and training like any other sport. It is part of the reason I use goat as in mountain goat as my tag, the other part is I was given it by friends in a forum a few years ago for taking on trolls, Billy Goat Gruff from Aesop.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

goat...i haven't thought of billy goat gruff in donkey's years...yahoooo...wonderful...and glad to have you visiting

yehudi01...bruchim habaim...welcome...you planning on coming to jerusalem? glad to meet you...have a safe trip

thanks anonymous...me too me too

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Goat said...

Thanks, Owl, you will be. I wish I knew more Yiddesh than I do but oh well.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger CaraqueƱa said...

ALWAYS, always love your posts! You have such a wonderful way of viewing life...Don't we have an AWFUL lot of things to be thankful for?!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Val said...

What a great post... i may have to do a similar one - very reflective and appreciatng what one has... nice.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Goat said...

Marallyne, I am thrilled to be making e-friends in Israel. One day I will make my pilgramage to the Holy Land, though climbing Kilimanjaro and a Ngoro Goro expedition is in close competition. History vs. a major summit and nature, a tough choice for me,lol.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Batya said...

I've done less than you.
The closest I got to being a Broadway actress, besides in the classroom, was dancing in Carnegie Hall and Felt Forum Madison Sq Garden.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home