Friday, November 02, 2007

SO WHERE DID THE TIME GO?

I figured this morning that by my reckoning, it should be the end of July right now. I mean November??? We are already in November? How did that happen?

First the summer flew by in a heat wave that was awful. Then the holidays were so early this year. Next came the teeth...don't ask. And finally the teachers' strike and here we are almost Channukah/Christmas!!!

At that rate I will be 80 in four years, three months, two weeks, five days...approximately!!!!

Sobering thought. When we were kids time stood still but now it is rushing by so quickly that it takes your breath away.

One of the things I have noticed is that I am spending so much time in my own head plotting and writing that I get tired faster (NO it is not because I am old and a senior citizen...now when did THAT happen?...sigh). And in the golden years of my life I have a group of imaginary playmates who are so very interesting and entertaining.

I think what I am trying to say is how blessed I feel. Blessed that time doesn't weigh heavily on my shoulders. That I have friends both real and make-believe who are a joy. And last but really far from least my wonderful family.

Happy that I am busy for the most part doing things I want to do and that I have the strength and fortitude to do the things I have to do.

Oh, I'm back knitting! After a hiatus of almost five years (after I went crazy knitting when my kid was in a very dangerous place at a very dangerous time and I ended up knitting 150 baby sweathers) and instead of sitting like a lox in front of the TV, I am busy... knit two, purl two yahooooo.

So, are you all watching Prison Break? My kid, Joe College came home with the DVD of the first year and sat with his friends non stop for twelve hours. Then, when they showed up with the next season's DVD, I joined them. Now, I am hooked. And you thought The Sopranos was scary.

OK, godda go...still cooking...pot roast...roasted chicken with carrots and onions...Ben Gurion rice...little pasta things that are the size and shape of rice...lovely...and of course salad. Yahoooo.

Shabbat shalom.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.


5 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Geologychick said...

Time goes by sooo fast, even though the days seem to drag on forever! It's weird, huh?

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Val said...

You make me tired with how busy you are... but busy is good! Keep up the cheerful disposition that I love to come back to and read about!

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Avi said...

May you live until 120!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Batya said...

ahh yes
and we must make a date

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what Joe (a"h) used to say? The reason that time goes more quickly as we get older is that, mathematically, each year of your life is proportionately less.
"Think of it", he told me once," whe you are 5 one year is worth 20% of your life. When you are 50, one year is only 2%." You knew him, all of this said with that knowing grin...like he had you right where he wanted...
So no wonder the days go more quickly. Thanks tons, daddy.
So darling, there IS a reson.
Love, Naomi

p.s. I hope you are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home