Tuesday, August 19, 2008

HIIIIIIIIIII HONEY I'M HOME

Well...the truth is I thought I'd be back here a long time ago, but then life took over. You know that old expression, "Life is what happens when you are busy making plans."

My Mom, Bubbie Channah is now 85 bless her...like one of the million doctors we have gone to in the past five months said, "You should live and be well until 137." A hundred and thirty-seven? Not a hundred and twenty? "Yes," he said, "including V.A.T" :)))

Ma has had a bunch of little things go wrong and then on July 1st was the biggie! Bubbie Channah got shingles. For those of you who are lucky enough not to know about shingles let me give you the shortened version. Shingles is the virus that causes Chicken Pox...remember the one where you were warned NOT TO SCRATCH? So, this vicious virus attcks people when they aren't looking and causes the worst pain and the most horrible rash I have ever seen in my life. Honest, I thought my mother had leprosy...scurvy...stuff you only read about. Huge mushroom like things in a row!!!

Then we started the business whith what pills to take and how to get her out of pain. The short version is it took two months of which I spent at least three or four days a week with her.

The good news is that a few weeks ago Prince Valiant aka my husband came to my rescue with a ticket to go visit my brother and his wife in Boulder, Colorado for three weeks in September.

Not only am I going, but knowing that I had a ticket helped me get over the really rough patches with my mom.

So, here I am again and I think I can finally get back to blogging and visiting with you all.

Emma!!! Emma has been rewritten and my mentor/friend/brotherinlove/dearest darling in California is not only waiting to get his hands on her again BUT will be joining me at my brother's (he is officially our other brother since we adopted him when we were about twelve/eight and he was ten) and he is bringing his daughter who will be leaving the week later for a year at Oxford!!! Yahoooo.

It was not easy rewriting Emma and finding the original excitement and enthusiasm, but it's done. Probably will need a new rewrite but at least now all the pieces are in place. I will let you know.

OK. Bubbie Channah just called and is having lunch in Mervad HaKsamim which we lovingly call Two Steps...probably lentil soup. Go Bubbie!

I have done all the ironing/made a salad/chicken burgers and am waiting for my student. Then off to meet Rena for dinner. A belated birthday dinner for me and an early one for her. Any excues to party!!!

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaayyy!!! She's BAAACK! YAY!

AND, she's coming to the US. YAY!

Now we hafta figure out how to meet!

Ciao!

- John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home