Tuesday, October 07, 2008

SHANA TOVA AND GMAR HATIMA TOVA!!!

I know...I know...it has been forever since I last wrote...but I do have a reason.
See, my mom has not been well these past six months. Nothing serious, but awful just the same. And as her caretaker I sort of fell apart from the responsibility and the worry.

So, my husband, God bless him, decided to send me to the states for three weeks. To my brother Dovidle and his wife. Yahoooooo.

Three weeks in the Rocky Mountains where the only noise you hear out your window is...nothing. No noise. My brother and his wife also have hybrid cars and they don't make any noise either.

Actually a person can go nuts from all that quiet. I mean, I'm Israeli. We shout and holler and wave our hands and that's only to say 'Hi, How are you?'

See, my plan was to go there with my laptop for three weeks and just sit quietly and write.

You know that expression, Mahn tracht, un God lacht...man makes plans and God laughs.

It was a great grand wonderful hoot of a time. As soon as I arrived my brother and his partner were hosting a seminar on stress management. Dovidle asked me if I thought that was something I could be interested in and then fell down laughing.

It was brilliant! And I made two new wonderful friends...Mary Alice and Mary Jean...wow new friends!!!

Then my brotherinlove Maeshey and his daughter Nikki arrived for four days and we ran and talked and hugged and hugged some more and filled our hearts with joy. The last time Maeshey and Dovidle and I were in the same room together was close to fifty years ago!!! We just picked up like it was yesterday and the umbilical cord is stronger than ever. How lucky are we???

Then Annie...my sisterinlaw's mom and sister arrived. I love them. A whole big fat lot I love them.

And finally I made two more dear dear friends...Barbara and Lovey (Carol but everyone calls her Lovey and it is a perfect name for her).

Have you ever met someone for the first time and known you love them??? That's Barbara and Lovey.

Ok. Now I'm back where I belong in Jerusalem. Remind me sometime to tell you about my flight home. That was a story!!!

I wish you all a sweet, healthy happy blessed peaceful shana tovah! I wish you all gmar hatima tova...and may you all be enscribed for a wonderful year. I hope you have an easy fast.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Val said...

yay... you posted! I'm traveling over to your neck of the world next week... can't WAIT!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Val said...

oh and Shana Tova!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home