Tuesday, January 30, 2007

IF YOU WANT SOMETING DONE, GIVE IT TO A BUSY PERSON

I had the entire day free. I was going to do nothing. Stay in my housecoat. Didn't need to go to the Makoket (7-11). Cold and raining out. Perfect day for staying home and writing.

HA!

Well, see it started out like this. A few weeks ago, by mistake, I turned on Fox News just when they had one of those Medical Alerts. And this time they were talking about some poor man who had cancer of the nose!!!! AND NO I AM NOT KIDDING...I guess there really is such a thing and the poor man didn't have much hope.

Of course, a few days later I had a cold/sinus attack and back on antibiotics. And of course they didn't do a terrific job and one of my nostrils stayed plugged by my polyp. And yes I started thinking. And yes I made myself nuts.

And yes I shlepped myself to the doctors.

My poor doctor waits for me to come into the office. I think I'm his comic relief. We tell stories and jokes.

And he never knows what kind of disease I am going to come up with next. Usually I'm there with Bubbie Channah or one of my kids. He's already told me that since my kids all drive and have cars they don't have to come with their Mommy to the doctors.

I just give him 'the look'.

As Bubbie Channah always says, 'So what if he has a diploma. Does anyone know where he graduated in his class?' Oy! I never thought of that. He could be at the bottom...no...not my doctor. My doctor is one of the real good guys. And besides he has a sense of humour.

Well, the good news is that I have allergies. I could have told you that, but see I needed to hear it from the man with the diploma on his wall.

Then I went to the Makolet and got some stuff...shouldn't be a total loss and came home. Made a huha vegetable soup, and potato ravioli, and ketchup chicken. Put the chicken pieces in a pyrex dish...cover with half water half ketchup...a few chopped onions and bung it into the oven. Don't ask how easy and how delicious.

Then my student showed up.

By the time he left and I had a bowl of soup it was already three o'clock!!!

All I wanted to do today was sit around the house and write.

The moral of this story? Don't watch the news...it could kill you!!!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

8 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger Batya said...

sounds so familiar

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the great dangers of being a medical student is that you tend to come down with the symptoms of the diseases that you study.

.... which makes me a bit worried about myself. I spend so much time reading about Arab-Israeli conflict...

Could it be that the neighbor's dog is Palestinian?

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and the late, great Oscar Levant share more than quick wit, creativity, and wide-spread popularity !


The Guv

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

guv!!! we do???

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom muse...sigh

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

john...funny funny funny...ps watch your tushie, you never know :)

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, he also talked openly about being a hypochondriac.


The Guv

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

guv...wait...wait...you left out the whole piano playing???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home