Monday, January 29, 2007

MY NEWEST FAVOURITEST SAYING

Bubbie Channah says that I started talking full sentences at nine months. And that I opened my eyes and my mouth at the same time.

I think if I would have been an American Indian, (is that still politically correct?) I would have wanted to be the Storyteller. I love stories. I love words. I love reading them, writing them, and listening to them. Especially if they're smart.

So, I started writing them down. What great fun. After using my mouth and ears all day long solving problems, I just sat down at the computer and in the silence used my eyes and fingers and created a network of friends all over the world.

Then I decided that I really really really wanted to write. Seriously write. Oh, trust me, I can tell a humdinger of a story. I can make you laugh, cry, gape in wonder...you name it I can tell it.

But writing takes not only talent but craft. So I started looking around for a writing group. You know the old saying, 'When the pupil is ready the teacher appears' ?. Well, one day two years ago I found David. ..my mentor...the leader of my creative writing group.

And I started writing. Boy oh boy did I start writing.

And added to my collection of owls...of course I do...don't all witches have owls? Where was I? Oh, yes. Added to my collection of owls I decided to add words and phrases.

Here are a few of the thoughts I've gathered along the way:
1. Ever notice that 'what the hell' is always the right decision?...marilyn monroe
2.---ducking for apples---change one letter and it's the story of my life...dorothy parker
3. Be careful abut reading health books. You may die of a missprint....mark twain
4. The toilets have gone anal-retentive again! Dee would shout when they would decline to flush...Sue Monk Kidd (The Mermaid Chair)

AND MY ALL TIME NEWEST AND LATEST BESTEST OF THE BEST:

Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to be one.

Bada Boom!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

10 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I haven't heard from you in ages! I snuck into your blog to find out what you're up to! Here's my list of must watch T.V. Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters (amazing new show), Studio 60-on the Sunset Strip, (also new), Boston Legal, Medium, 24 (starting to get on my nerves), Grey's Anatomy (how do you like what's going on with that black surgeon..tsk, tsk, tsk!) However, I agree with one of your friends about House. Can't stand the character, but would love to have a doctor who was a diagnostician like he is. Miss you...write soon.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Your newest favouritest saying is now my newest favouritest. It can be used for either sex. LOVE IT and you!!

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Vicky said...

I like 'what the hell'. I never thought about it before...but she's right! *hehe*

You mentioned trouble getting to Tim's blog. I clicked onto it from your Sojourner link, but you could try "Second Timothy" on mine, or this route http://terpening.typepad.com/

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiiiii rickelle...i miss you too...and love your list...wonder if we are going to get those shows here in israel...ps i love it too and gawl darn girlfriend you are right...it does work for both sexes lolol...stay safe

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiii vicky...hahaha is right...good to laugh..sorry but i have tried everything to get into tim's blog but it isn't listed somehow all of a sudden...i googled him and tried...i went to your blog and tried...timmmmmmmmmmm honey helppppppp...hope all is well with you both and thanks so much for dropping in

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, this will come as a huge surprise...... I love words also. And, when it comes to slinging them together, I have to admit that I don't adhere to the adage, " Less Is More ".

Every once and a while, however, I delight in using as few words as possible to get the message across.

Years and years ago when my granddaughter Siobhan ( Pronounced, "SHEVAWN" ) was a little girl, I wrote limericks for her. The following was one of MY favourites. Probably because it WASN'T wordy.

There once was a girl called Siobhan
Who took care of a wee little fawn
She gave it a drink of invisible ink
Then cried when she found her fawn gone.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

guv!!! i love it!!! more more more more

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Batya said...

I don't make up sayings, but I love to pretend I have a real writing career by blogging.
Free self-publishing vanity press!

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., since you asked so nicely:

There once was a girl called Siobhan
Ate cheese with the red wax still on.
One day in a huff
She spit out the stuff
Cuz the wax's fine flavour had gone.


The Guv

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

guv...she's a lucky little girl to have you for her bubbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home