Wednesday, January 31, 2007

MALCHA MALL

From my living room window I can see the Malcha Mall and beyond that the neighbourhood of Gilo.

Everyone in Jerusalem goes to the Malcha Mall. It's actually a great mall. Restaurants, coffee shops, supermarket, shops, stations where children of all ages can play and build things, and yesterday we added a new attraction. Yesterday we added a killer!

Mr. X who is 77 years old ran into his estranged wife Mrs. X who was 75 by the water fountain just beyond the supermarket. Right beside the escalator.

They started to argue right there by the fountain when suddenly Mr. X pulled out a knife and began stabbing Mrs. X!!! She died either on the way to the hospital or in the hospital.

Where's Bubbie? Zaidi killed her!?!

What the hell is wrong with these guys? Seventy-seven! Is there no age where women are safe?

Here's my biggie question. How the hell did he get into the mall with a knife? Israel is a country where every door is checked by a guard. The mall has two securty people at each car entrance checking cars. Every person walking in has their purse checked and has to go through a security arch. Does not make me feel safe knowing that this man has been carrying that knife in his pocket for almost forty years and walks in and out of our mall without being stopped. Boggles, no?

I am very glad that I wasn't there at the time. I am even more relieved that my babies weren't there.

How scary!!!

I was in the mall today. Twice a week I teach a student there. He is partially sighted and the mall is halfway between our two houses. At nine in the morning in the Fast Food Court the place is empty and we manage to study for two hours before the hungry hoards invade our space.

I am very grateful not to have been a witness to the murder. Thank you God.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

15 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Val said...

That is horrible. And yes... how DID he get in there with a knife, indeed?!!

Glad you're safe.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Vicky said...

Oh, my. So brave to try to get away from him. *sigh* Always so sad.

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All correct, unfortunately, except for one thing: it's not a great mall. It's noisy, crowded and smoky and it gives me a headache. When I have to go there, I get out as soon as I can.
But don't let me stop you from going there ....

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Batya said...

How did I miss that piece of news? Actually, yesterday a friend and I met for lunch and debated between the mall and another place not far. Good thing we didn't choose the mall.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!

I've gone by that fountain Zillions of times.

You know how the guards are. He was 77, and probably claimed that he had a pacemaker when the metal detectors went off.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Perez said...

My goodness, how could that happen? I really like to say how much I like the mall being secure, well it was, but wow, I wonder what it would be of America had the malls like that. I just can't believe someone that that age would kill their wife like that, and over what?

sigh

What is the world coming to?

Take care and stay safe-perez

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Leann said...

you look around at the things going on and it makes you think.but for the grace of God go I!!I say a prayer of pertection over my family every night.you never know when your last day on earth is.it pays to be ready.that poor lady didnt think she would be getting up for the last time that morning.its hard to think someone who loved her at one time could kill her later in life.but people are getting stranger all the time.you never know who is walking next to you with voices running in their heads!!!people every day walk by you who have mental problems.I heard of this poor girl who was pushed off a subway platfrom by someone who had been in and out of mental hospitals for years.he had asked for help many times.told the doctors he had these kind of thoughts and even told them what those thoughts were.and they still let him out.and just a few weeks later a inocent young girl died because of it.he pushed her, not bumped her.the people around him seen him do it.that is why when my hubby started acting odd I asked him to leave.I care for him and wish him well.but I no longer trust him.life is too short to be around someone you cant trust.he hears voices.and has done some strange things in his life.I just cant take the chance.God bless you friend.hope that there is peace in your heart and in your country.Shalom my friend.sorry I havent been on much I have had a low three months.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom val...i have absolutely NO idea but it is making me angry that he did...shabbat shalom my dear friend

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom vicky...terrible story...glad you've got a good man by your side...shabbat shalom

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom miriam!!!sorry the mall gives you a headache...i love the hustle and bustle but the truth is only for limited amounts of time...shabbat shalom my good friend

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shabbat shalom muse...terrible story no??? scary

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiiiiii john...oyoyoyoyoy is right...shabbat shalom my friend

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom perez...i agree...thanks for dropping in

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

leann!!! my friend how good it is to hear from you...you take care...hope you have a sweet weekend...and thanks for dropping in

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Laetitia Hugo said...

Marallyn.....very nice to read your blog since we lived in Jerusalem for a year in 2009 as volunteers. Brings back very sweet memories. Ahhh...the Malcha Mall!! We took a trip by bus of nearly an hour to get back to Katamon. So, I told my husband about this attack and he said to me: "It is very easy - tha guy bought the knife in the supermarket or any other shop in the mall!" What was the verdict, how did he get past the security? Or did he buy the knife in the mall?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home