Wednesday, March 21, 2007

THOUGHTS

So how come with twenty-four hours in a day, I still don't have enough time to get everything done? I taught my students...I cooked...I edited four chapters of Emma...and I still have four more left to go.

Now you may have noticed, and were just too kind to point it out, that no place in that list did I mention that I cleaned for Pessach. Sigh. Pessach sorta just snuck up on me this year. I need a few more weeks. My house is clean...honest...I promise.

Next week is the kitchen. Everyone else is going to have to take care of their own rooms. Usually I tear apart the house but this year I don't have the time or energy. I have to get Emma edited and printed up and off to the people who need to have her in their hands by Sunday. Ok...Monday.

I do have a choice. I can clean, thumbs down...or write, thumbs UP. Which door did you pick?

I guess I'm just getting old. When the kids were young and all living at home it was wonderful making all the changes needed to get ready for Pessach. It still is my most favourite holiday of them all. But this year I just don't have the oomph. I know what needs to be done will be done and when the table is set with the Pessach dishes and tablecloth and the candles are lit and everyone is sitting around the table, I will be so happy.

Right now I just wish that the Good Fairy would come and sprinkle a little fairy dust and get all the grunchy stuff done.

I tried contacting her but her answering machine said that she was in Florida for the winter. Sigh. Nobody said that the Good Fairy was a fool.

OK. Off I go. Hope you are all having a very productive day.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

13 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Yekwana Man said...

Is Pessach, the passover? Excuse my ignorance, but if I dont know I just have to ask! Thank you for the kind comments on my blog. I do appreciate them. Also, by your last post, I am assuming, and could be way off, that you are not an orthodox Jew. Just curious, yet again!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Hi Marallyn thanks for the nice comment you left me and yes it is amazing how we are coming together. We have an amazing God!

Could you explain Pessach to me and also some of the other terms you use that I am not familiar with. I am facinated and wanting so to learn more from you.

Is Emma, the name you gave your book, the name of someone special in your life?

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Batya said...

Please send that good fairy off to me when she finishes.

And if you don't eat off the windows, don't wash them!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Pen of Jen said...

I have an idea, set everything up in stages. Then when you are all done post a picture for all of us bloggers.

We will be your cheering section, which will give you a zip in your step and... oh I am sorry I am running out of energy and guess what I am almost 40!

Just kidding! I love reading all about you and feel I know so much already.

Remember this, maybe it will lift your spirits, my husband and I would love to travel to Israel and you are already there!

Don't forget to take a photo for your friend in New Mexico.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Leann said...

O cleaning what is that?I dust every 6 months weather it needs it or not.{just kidding.}
I use to say that to the clean freaks I new just to see them almost lose thier minds.
Id laugh and wonder if they relized I was kidding or if they said boy her house must be a mess,behind my back.
I learned long ago that you clean enough so you dont get sick,and leave it dirty enough so every one is comfortable.
have a great week.God bless and shalom.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Batya said...

Why should 24 hours be enough? It's a conspiracy!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi yekwana...pessach IS passover...nope not orthodox but my house is kosher and my oldest and his wife and babies are orthodox...nice mix...i am a traditionalist...love the traditions...love 'em...thanks for visiting...stay safe

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiii penless...yes pessach is passover and i'll try to remember to translate any hebrew or yiddish expressions i use on my blog...the title of my book is Emma Shelby is No More...emma for short...and after living so closely with her for two years she really is like family...thanks for dropping by

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hahaha muse...very good about the windows...i'll remember that...and when i find the darn good fairy i'll send her off to you...honest...shabbat shalom my friend

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiiiiii jennifer...thanks so much...and you are welcome here anytime...yahoooo girlfriend...have a great weekend

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

leann you are my kinda gal...yahooooo...thanks for dropping in my friend...a sweet weekend to you

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hahahaha muse...the old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be...sigh

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

OOps! My husband asked me this morning who you were! See, I left the comment as Yekwanaman! I was signed in as him and never realized it. I wonder how many more comments he left around the blogashere? BUT, he was excited to get ma comment all the way from Jerusalem non the less.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home