Sunday, March 25, 2007

SUNDAY MORNING

Shavuah tov ( a good week) to you all. This post is going to have to be rather short as I am up to here, yes up to here, in cleaning kitchen cupboards.

Pessach is just around the corner and the house is undergoing it's spring 'you don't use that, so throw it away' mode.

I don't know why I keep all that stuff. You know the stuff. Maybe next year it will fit me...maybe one of the kids will need it...you CAN'T throw away a book! That stuff.

This year I am being ruthless. And brave. I have already thrown out three bags of stuff from my own room. Feel ten pounds lighter. And that left me facing the kitchen cupboards this morning.

The good news is, it's done. The sad news is that because there are only my hubby and Joe College, my law student and myself living in the house, there wasn't that much stuff that needed cleaning, fixing, moving, dusting, and throwing out. Sigh.

Tomorrow the fridge and stove and oven. And my part of the cleaning is done. That just leaves me cooking for shabbat and then for chag (yontiff/holiday). That part is easy. Well, once I figure out how to make interesting meals that are different on the weekend and then on the holiday. Just so much you can do with a chicken lol.

The Jerusalem Post, posted a poem over the weekend that touched Bubbie Channah...she buys the weekend paper. And after she read it to me, it touched me too. Here it is.

The Blissful Couple

They laugh together.
Read together.
Dance together.
Paint together.
Listen to music together.
Walk, holding hands together.

They love exchanging
Warm
Wet
Mushy
Kisses.
He rushes to greet her,
His arms outstretched,
Joyfully calling her name,
When he sees her arrive.

Who, you are wondering,
Is this blissful couple?
She is his grandma.
He is almost five.
-Judith Viorst

Have a sweet shavuah tov.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

23 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh Marallyn you tricked me on that poem!!! Cute.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whether writing about Alexander and his not-so-very-good day or the loss of Barney or her more 'adult' books, she seems to GET it. Thank you for sharing this particular poem; just too sweet to not share.
On to my 'it's going to be a very good day' after that accelerant.
Enjoy yours, too, with all the smooshy kisses you can get.
sydonia

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger The Wedding Guide Windsor/Essex County said...

as a new step Bubie to a great 8 month old, the Blissful Couple hit home to me as I anticipate all the wonderful times Aiden bubaleh, and I will have in the future. Thanks for sharing this poignant verse.

On another note, I am cleaning, purging and shining my palace too for Pesach. There will be over 12 at our sedar table and I can't wait to see everyone and catch up on my mispacha's news and views.
Be safe.
Sheryl

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Perez said...

I like Jpost. I read it sometimes.

You know where all that 'stuff' from your kitchen and bedroom come from? I think it is the space people who come in at night and put it there. I happens to me all the time. LOL

I hope you have a safe and happy week in Jerusalem.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

AW. Since I am a grandma, I know it is true!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Val said...

Oh that is SUCH a nice poem. I had a relationship like that with my Gram. Awesome!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh what a sweet poem! A five year old and his Grandma! It made me think of my own boys with my mom and how they were always and still so in love with her!

I know what you mean about feeling 10 lbs. lighter after decluttering! I love that feeling don't you? I just went through my closet a few weeks ago and got rid of so much! Now you have motivated me to carry on adn declutter another room! thanks!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger CaraqueƱa said...

Loved reading your post...I'll be reading more. I haven't ever been to Israel, but I'd love to go someday...especially the Holy City, Jerusalem! Greetings from Maracay, Venezuela!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

I am very curious and always ask, i am noticing that many of you from Israel always end with "Stay Safe".
Is that a Jewish tradition? Israeli? I like it.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Leann said...

cool poem.yes wouldnt it be great if a man could love us as much as our grandsons love us.
yes spring cleaning I need to do it one of these days.I have to go through stuff and give it away.
have a great day.and rest of the week.God bless.shalom

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger TO BECOME said...

The poem touched my heart because I could see myself in the Grandma's shoes. My Grandchildren have done that so many many times to me and I wouldn't trade that for all the gold in the world. Thanks, connie from Texas

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger cheated are the clouds said...

Marallyn I deleted my blog , long story but I had to change my link slightly and I could not find your site, just found it and I would love to be back in contact again here is my link http://cheatedastheclouds.blogspot.com/

thanks

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi penless...lovely no?

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiiiiiiii sydonia...i loved that poem...and love you...stay safe my dear friend

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom sheryl...thanks so much for dropping in and for sharing...eat something fattening for me too...yahooooo

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hahahaha perez...never thought of that

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

we gradmas have to stick together jungle mom...as for stay safe...i started writing that during the last intifada when no one knew for three years who would be coming home at night safe and sound...we live in dangerous times my dear friend...so i wish you and everyone to stay safe...thanks for asking

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

i remember your post about your Bubbie AH val...everyone needs a bubbie...thanks for dropping in my good friend

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

oy pam the cleaning is only good after it is done lolol...you go girl

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom caraquena...how lovely to hear from you...please feel free to drop in any time...thanks

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

oh leann...when you are right you are sooooooooooooooooo right...now wouldn't that be nice??? stay safe my dear friend...always good to hear from you

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom connie...thank you so much for dropping in...we grammas should have a club...the ahhhhhhhhhhh club...stay safe

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

cheated where the hell have you been...i was worried when i couldn't access your blog...of course we will stay in touch...we canuks have to take care of each other don't we...glad you found me i missed you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home