Monday, May 21, 2007

THE BEST CHEESE CAKE YOU EVER TASTED

True to my word...have I ever lied to you? Here is my/Rena's recipe for White Chocolate Cheesecake. Trust me. To die for!

WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESE CAKE
-2 packages of cream cheese 30%-I know :)-(in Israel I use Napoleon)225grams/8oz each
-1/2 cup of sugar
-2 eggs
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-100 grams/3oz of white chocolate
-any plain cookies for the crust
-a couple of Tablespoons of melted butter
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
INSTRUCTIONS:
-crush the cookies in a blender or food processor 18-25 cookies
-melt the butter and mix into crushed cookies
-place in a 9 inch pan and bake in oven 180 degrees for 5 minutes
-let cool
-mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and blend well
-add the eggs
-melt the chocolate carefully as white chocolate tends to burn in a double boiler or your microwave
-stir in the white chocolate
-pour over the crust
-bake in a 180 degree oven for 20-30 minutes
-center still slightly wiggly
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TOPPING (IF YOU'D LIKE)

1 1/2 cup 27 % sour cream - I know :)
1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
-leave the oven on
-don't let the cheescake cool
-mix the ingredients together and gently spread over the top of the cake
-bake for 10 minutes more 180 degree oven
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Enjoy, enjoy. Easy and delicious. The kind of cake that you eat by mistake while you are 'only straightening out the line' in the pan.

Off to teach my student who is still in the hospital. And then spending the day with Bubbie Channah. We haven't had a day for ourselves in a bit and it's time.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

10 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

I have copied your mouth watering recipe. However, my achievements in cooking has a lot to be desired.

As birds in my garden will testify!!

Hope you enjoy your day and you are such a caring friend - teaching a student in hospital hope he/she is progressing well?

My thoughts and prayers for all in Israel as is my Love!!

Keep smiling

Peter

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger JJ said...

I've been thinking about actually baking a cheesecake this year instead of just buying one, and your recipe sounds divine. Hmmmm... maybe I'll give it a try!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

Just thought I would let you know - I have passed on your wonderful recipe to a colleague at work and she said she will bake the cake for me!!

Now that is something I am longing for.

Have a safe and enjoyable day.

Peter

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger david santos said...

Please, it puts fhoto of Madeleine in your Bloggue

Missing Madeleine!
Madeleine, MeCann was abduted from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 03/03/07.

If you have any information, please contact Crimestoppers on
0800 555 111

Please Help

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

My son was reading over my shoulder, saying..make it Mom. Unfortunately, we cant get the ingredients here.

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Leah and your recipe looks very good. I left you some other comments. For some reason I am led to read your blogs. I have a high attraction to the Holy Land. One day I hope to visit.

Leah

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Perez said...

I can't eat white chocolate, it makes me sick....I know I know, I'm weird, do you think I can make it with dark chocolate?

I can't wait to try it. Yumm

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly what kind of cookies should I use? i know you said any, but can you tell me what you use please?

Leah

niclea16@evergreen.edu

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger TO BECOME said...

I am going to try this cheesecake very soon, It looks delicious. I used to not even like cheese cake. Boy was I ever wrong. thanks for every thing, I love you all there and May God continue to bless you. connie from Texas

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

peter...i hope you like the cake...good to have friends...yahoooo

rr...trust me this one is a keeper


david...i would if i could...but i too am passing along the message

sorry jungle...wish i could send you the cheeses

shalom leah...you are welcome to come visit any time...tx...and you can use any kind of cookie...graham crackers or plain wafers...good luck

perez...i am sure you can use dark chocolate...either add it to the batter or put the batter on top of the cookies and then drop it in spoonfulls at the top/bottom/left/right sides of the
batter and swirl it with a knife through the cheese...make a marble cheese cake...why not???

thanks connie...bless you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home