Friday, May 18, 2007

GUESS WHAT

An update: I went to the mall and bought the kilo of tofu. It cost me 90 shekels which is around $23!!! Now I love my kid. And I don't mind spending money on him. But if the thing turns out to taste like sh** I mean yukky, then I will not be a happy camper. Next week I will not only tell you how it comes out, but I will give you the recipe for the best darn white chocolate cheesecake that you have ever tasted. Trust me on this one.

So, here for a bit of fun are some statistics for you.

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
(Hardly seems worth it.)

If you passed gas, ahem, consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
(Now that's more like it!)

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
(O.M.G.!)

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
(In my next life, I want to be a pig.)(Don't tell anyone I just said the word pig.)

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy.)
(I'm still not over the pig.)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour
(Don't try this at home, maybe at work)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
(Honey, I'm home. What the...?!)

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.
(30 minutes... Lucky pig! Can you imagine?)

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
(I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity)

Butterflies taste with their feet.
(Something I always wanted to know.)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
(Hmmmmmm......)

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
(Okay, so that would be a good thing)

A cat's urine glows under a black light.
(I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
( I know some people like that.)

Starfish have no brains
(I know some people like that too.)

Polar bears are left-handed.
(If they switch, they'll live a lot longer)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(What about that pig??)

Shabbat shalom.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

9 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Val said...

oh man - you kill me, woman!
I loved the pig comments (however, I shuddered for your kids if they read this blog of yours, as I certainly wouldn't want to read that my Mom wants 30 minute orgasms!!!)

Shabbat Shalom! :)

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this gives a whole new spin on the expression "you pig!"

But, the Lions... 50 times a day...

- John

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

You are always able to capture the humour - when humour is what is needed most at this time. I had to laugh at this post and your comments too!!

Now which one best describes me????


Have a good weekend.

Peter

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

LOL! Where do you find this stuff!!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Batya said...

what peculiar facts
Are they true?

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Geologychick said...

Excellent post! I live for Fun Facts! Check out Shayna's new video on my Blog! It's hilarious!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Perez said...

My goodness. You can always make me laugh. Pigs....just interesting, something I didn't want to know. The fart thing is funny. Good facts to know!

I hope you had a wonderful Shabbat.

Take care-perez

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hahaha val...dontcha just love it...not the pig i mean...shhhhh

john honey...you are a lion at heart :)

peter my friend i don't know you long enough and i would never call you a pig...ahem

hi jungle...someone sent it to me in an email and after laughing out loud i decided to share

shavuah tov muse...i think they are...i never saw an elephant jump, did you???

hiiiii chick on my way

perez...good to laugh, no???

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so how about we create a new species called a "Pigli-on"? That would be the best of both worlds. Of course, there's the thing about having a snout and rooting in the mud, eating slop...mmmm, I don't think 30 min. orgasms are worth it afterall. I don't have the energy for 50 times a day either...think I'll stop there before this gets any more personal....You are too funny my friend. You certainly zeroed in on that pig!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home