Saturday, May 26, 2007

THINGS I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT

I'm not happy that Melissa Doolitle was kicked off of American Idol.

I'm not happy that my tofu cheesecake tasted like poison!!! And smelled like it too!!! Do not...I repeat...do not make that tofu cheesecake...feh!!! (and never mind that it cost a fortune for that kilo of tofu...yuk).

I'm not happy that I have some kind of a stomach thing and am expressing myself eloquently from both ends...ahem!!!

I'm not happy about an email I sent by mistake. You know that moment when you lose your mind and then it's too late? Oy!

I'm not happy that Bubbie Channah may have to move as her landlord is asking for too much money this year.

I'm not happy that I can't go to the States this summer to visit. The tickets were $1500 with two stops both ways! I even checked...shhhh don't tell anyone...Heil Hitler Airlines...shhhhhh. Can you see me flying Luftansa and stopping over in Germany??? I DON'T THINK SO!!!

But I am happy that my family is safe. That my Joe College got a 92 on a very important paper...that my oldest son keeps giving me a hug and kiss whenever he sees me...that my babies and DIL love me...that my daughter is the most amazing person I know...that Bubbie Channah is the best Mom a girl could have and is well...that my brother Dovidle is the finest man I know...that my other brother Maeshey is so special...and I'm happy that as Elton said, "I'm still standing!"

So I guess when I put the I'm not happy things on one side of the scale...they are soooooooo unimportant when compared to what I am blessed with.

Ok, I feel better.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

12 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Been missing you. I'm glad just writing down these things made you feel better. Important to concentrate on the positive and just taking the time to acknowledge them is usually half the battle.
Susan

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

Such are 'The days of our lives'.

And the dawning of realisation - we have joys to be thankful for.

Stay safe - to all in Israel - my friends!!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

All in all..a pretty good life, huh?

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Even flying via Greece (Olympia Airways) or Hungary (something or other Hungarian airline...Air Maygar??). MY hubby came to Canada via boat in 1967...do people still do that?

We're thinking of this dilemma of traveling to Israel, G-d willing, next summer. Just a minimum of $10,000 to get there as a family of 5. Does that leave us any money to spend in Israel?

Glad that life has a way of showing you that it's special in so many more ways than it gives you reasons to b--ch! :)

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh NO! Poison Tofu Cheesecake!

Terrible! I'm sorry!

I take FULL responsibility. My fault. I mean, the chaos effect with butterfly wings flapping.

I chose Colgate instead of Crest and the rest is history...

So.... it was really that bad?

- John

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melinda Doolittle...

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom susan...thanks...bunches

ahhhhh peter...the days of our lives...another trip down memory lane...glass half full my friend...come visit

hi jungle...can't complain...well, i could but you know what i mean lol

shavuah tov pearl...we'll talk...i think that even if you pull the kids out of school early in june it will be worth your while...the prices are nuts in the summer...make some time to meet me for coffee and and and...can't wait...and the earlier you book your flight the better chance of a cheaper rate...i don't know of anyone who sails any more...

john...it was worse than that bad...yukkkkkky kaka poopoo...feh...i think you get it...vey...poison...ps it wasn't your fault...colgate vs crest...you are a very funny man...shavuah tov my dear friend

anonymous...i know i know...melinda...i love her...hmm wonder who melissa is???? tx for writing

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Leann said...

hope your feeling better.and wish I could have told you before hand about tofu.its as it says fu.yuck yuck...
but the chocolate resipe sounds good Ill try it.anything chocoalate is right up my ally...
((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))
God bless,shalom..

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, glad I didn't make it.
I bought a Bavarian Torte instead, and it was delicious..although I couldn't put it in a pretty dish with foil and pretend that I made it:)
Did Rena's taste terrible? It sounded good..
Anna

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I see now..the other cheesecake does sound a little yukky..except for the sugar:)
Blake-I voted for him

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! You are not coming in August??? All because of that rotten tofu cheesecake? Isn't there something that can be done? Are there really two stop-overs between there and here? What are the options? Surely we can figure out something. Maybe the price would be cheaper if you come in October or November. August is too hot anyway. Is there really anything reeeally good, made with tofu? Thanks for not sharing THAT recipe. If you love cheesecake, I have a heavenly "Berry Pavlova" recipe I'll send you... strawberries and blueberries nestled on a cloud of meringue, layered with marshmallows and creamcheese! Shipwrecked my diet, I wanna tell ya.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Val said...

Agree with you about Melinda, but I'm sure she'll have a fine career ahead of her. Just glad that Jordin won over Blake!

We are just thinking on the Isreali trip for next year - my nephew's Bar Mitzvah is happening... Looking for special fares...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home