Monday, August 20, 2007

WELL WE MADE IT

Boker tov...good morning. I decided to come back home and do some writing and stuff before I go back and get the babies at four from their nursery school.

Yesterday was amazing. Sweetsie Tootsie is now five and a big boy. Sweetsie Girl is two and a half and making up for all the time she didn't know how to talk.

I got the kids at four yesterday, but first I went to the local grocery store. Of course I did. And I bought chocolates, and potato chips, and popsicles, and fresh rolls...snacks until we ordered in pizza at night. Of course I did.

See, I'm the Bubbie...not the Mommy, and I get to do anything I want and no one can say anything. What a great thing that is!!!

The kids were really excited about seeing me and know that I will be spending two nights with them while their parents are on vacation. They were actually excited and happy about it. Me too. The oldest asked if I could stay forever. Sigh!!!

We played until nearly eight. My grandson, the genius, :) , decided to turn his little couch into a taxi and with the help of a frizby for a steering wheel he decided that his sister was my daughter and we were going to Tel Aviv.

I said, 'OK'. Then the fun began. He started haggling with me over the price. He wanted a hundred shekels for the round trip and I told him I only had eighty. He settled.

When we finished eating the potato chips and the chocolate...the popsicles were busy getting frozen in the freezer it was time for a bath. Bubbles...of course. While they were playing I ordered the pizza...half plain and half with corn. And a Diet Coke. I know, I know, but I'm addicted to it.

After eating and watching TV...we found a real program vs kiddie shows where they were showing motorcycle races on a dirt track. They loved it. Especially when the drivers flew into the air and landed with a bump.

Around 9:30 it was time for bed. They wanted to sleep all together in their parents bed. I understood their need for being together and said sure. He fell asleep immediately. I think I was next and she was last. But before I fell asleep, she turned to me and kissing me said, 'I love you, Bubbie!' Sigh again.

This morning I woke up first, then he got up and ran to give me a hug and finally she woke up and we hugged too. I had coffee; they had hot chocolate; and we got ready for nursery school.

So now I'm back home; showered and ready to go; and rested enough to handle part two this afternoon.

My kids called and couldn't believe how happy we all were without them...well you know what I mean. And then they called again this morning and couldn't believe how...well you know what I mean. But it is a far cry from when my grandson was two and I babysat and he got so lonely and scared that he threw up all over me. Don't ask. When my kids came home and asked what that smell was I had to say 'ME'.

Still smiling and can't wait to go back and get them for another round of Bubbie the Babysitter!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

7 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

I love being a grand parent... although my twp are far away in Paraguay.
Please come sign my guest book at my blog!

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger torontopearl said...

You're "Bubbie"; is your husband "Saba" or something more regional to his cultural background?

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Avi said...

Bubbies are great. I really enjoy your blog. Drop by mine someday and I'll link to you if you link to me.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger cheated are the clouds said...

Ahh grand kids are the absolute best, so nice to see

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger CaraqueƱa said...

Haven't read you in a while...love it EVERY time! Squeeze those babies!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

i'm sorry i haven't been responding to you all...i just haven't had the time...and yes i feel guilty...and yes i will try to do better in the future...and i miss reading your blogs too...life just got in the way...thanks for sticking with me

jungle how are you doing? i hope all is well with you and yours

toronto i miss you...when are you coming to visit...and yes we are bubbie and saba lolol...how smart of you...

bar kochba welcome...i have just left a comment on your blog and will link you with pleasure later when i get back home...thanks for asking and offering...zei gezunt

cheated!!! how are you???? how wonderful to see you...hope all is well with you and yours my dear friend

caraquena i will i will...so good of you to drop in...thanks a bunch

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pizza with corn? Now that's something I haven't seen on Food Network or in North America!
"Little bubbalas" are so wonderful and I have decided that being a grandparent is like being a parent without the responsibility!
Glad to hear your tooth has calmed down. I had an earache, thought it was my challenging teeth and found out it was a viral sinus/ear mess. After a very expensive antibiotic, I am well on the road to recovery now. It's a pain that I wouldn't wish on anyone.
You take care and be safe. Your unique insight is so appreciated and refreshing to read! Thanks for sharing your stories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home