Friday, February 02, 2007

WHILE THE FOOD IS COOKING

While the food is cooking and I get ready for Shabbat, I was thinking of what a wonderful time I had last night.

Let's see...Bubbie Channah and Tsiril are first cousins. Nechama is her daughter. Frummie is Nechama's daughter. So that makes Frummi my (I don't know how many) cousin.

Well, mazal tov! Mazal tov! Frummie got engaged and last night was the engagement party. Bubbie Channah and I went and we had the most wonderful time.

The people were wonderful. The groom and his family seem like such wonderful people. Old Spharadi family who originally were from Iran but have been in Israel for generations. Nice nice nice.

Where I was sitting I could see through the mehiztzah (the wooden barricade that separated the men from the women) and My Cousin Sheldon, the Dentist (Tsiril's husband) was sitting across from me smiling from ear to ear.

The room was fraylach (happy happy happy). The food was gorgeous. The people were beaming and as I walked out I hoped that the happiness and joy that filled that room would follow the new couple throughout their lives. Amen.

Nice to watch people you love happy.

Shabbat shalom.

Have a good day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

5 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Batya said...

MAZAL TOV!!
Shabbat Shalom
must get back to cooking!!

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Perez said...

That is sweet, wishing you and your family the best-stay safe and take care Shabbat Shalom

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, Marallyn . . . and I am always up for good food.

The only problem would be the mehiztzah. I am known for going into the women's restroom because I am not paying attention. So, I'd probably get thrown out of the party without a chance to eat.

. . . okay, now I'm sad . . . and hungry.

Shabbat shalom.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Leann said...

just wanted to say hi and wish you a great weekend.and have a blessed week.its very cold here 18 below today and almost that tomorow.I made the mistake of going out today.my finger were like ice sickles when I got back home.then I had to drag my stuff in.I was so glad to get back home.Shalom my friend.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

muse...thank you...hope you had a wonderful shabbat

perez...and the same to you

tim...always wonderful to hear from you...your humour always makes me smile

shalom leann...freezing in jerusalem too...stay safe and warm my friend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home